Dr. Simon V Scalia MD
Geriatrician | Geriatric Medicine2801 Hudson St St Baltimore MD, 21224
Dr. Simon Scalia practices Geriatric Medicine in Baltimore, MD. Geriatricians prevent, manage, and develop care plans that address the special health problems of the elderly. Dr. Scalia works as part of a team with other healthcare providers, to address the natural aging that goes on within the body and to manage multiple medical problems and ensure social support.
Education and Training
Univ of Md Sch of Med, Baltimore Md 1978
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Mercy Hosp Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Simon V Scalia MD's Practice location
Baltimore, MD 21224Get Direction
GOOSE CREEK, SC 29445Get Direction
Dr. Simon V Scalia MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Scalia
- Cognitive-Enhancing Medication for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to have an impact on the nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system that can affect body movements. The disease develops gradually, wherein there are hardly noticeable tremors...
- Top 5 Natural Supplements for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease (PD)?Parkinson’s disease is a chronic and progressive neurological movement disorder, which means that the symptoms of this disease gradually get worse over time. The exact cause of the disease is still unknown. There is also no cure for this medical condition, but...
- Aricept for Alzheimer's Disease: Side Effects and Usage
Generic Name: DonepezilBrand Names: Aricept, Aricept ODTWhat is Aricept?Aricept (donepezil) is a medication used for the treatment of mild to moderate dementia due to Alzheimer's disease. This medication improves nerve function in the brain and works by preventing the breakdown of acetylcholine,...
- Fast Walking for a Fast Memory
Take a Walk Down Memory LaneWalking speed and strength of hand grip can help predict the risk of stroke and memory problems in old age, says a new study. “This forms a very basic test to predict the odds of getting these conditions in old age," says Erica C. Camargo MD, PhD. A decrease in walking...
- How is Lung Cancer Diagnosed?
Lung Cancer is one of the most common and serious forms of cancers in the world. In fact, it is also one of the leading causes of cancer deaths for both men and women. This form of cancer is known to mainly affect older people, primarily those in their seventies. Smoking has been identified as one...
- How Is Osteoporosis Treated?
The best treatment of osteoporosis is its prevention. However, once the disease has already affected you and weakened your healthy bones, it is necessary to treat it in order to prevent a further progression of the disease as well as its complications. The most well-known complications of...
- M. Haroon Burhanullah5300 Alpha Commons Drive Baltimore MD 21224
- Dr. Tehseen Raza Naqvi M.D.18566 Office Park Dr Montgomery Village MD 20886
- Ms. Suzan K Abdo MD5005 Signal Bell Lane Clarksville MD 21029
- Dr. Yeong Oh MD301 St Paul Pl Baltimore MD 21264
- Dr. Amy Freedman MD3100 Wyman Park Dr Baltimore MD 21211
- Anna Monias Other8800 Walther Blvd Parkville MD 21234