Dr. Onix Cantres-fonseca practices Pulmonology in Toa Baja, PR. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Cantres-fonseca manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine
Dr. Onix Joel Cantres-fonseca M.D.'s Practice location
Toa Baja, PR 00949Get Direction
Dr. Onix Joel Cantres-fonseca M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer is the unsuppressed growth of cells in the tissues of the lungs. Such a condition leads to a tumor (malignant) which may spread (by metastasis) to different organs of the body if not treated in time. Cancer of the lung at the primary stage is also known as carcinoma. The two types of...
- Australian Teen's Experience Living with Cystic Fibrosis
Every day when Kate Daly, a teen from Canberra, joins her friends for lunch at Radford College, she has to open a small package that her mother, Ellen, tapes to her lunchbox.Inside the package is Kate's daily dose of digestive enzymes. Kate has to take these enzymes with every single meal. Her mom...
- Cystic Fibrosis: Talking to Loved Ones
When getting a life-changing diagnosis, it may be hard to discuss it with others. It is isolating when you feel others do not understand; your family and friends may not have cystic fibrosis or know people affected by the disease. You may also be dealing with shock from the new diagnosis. Chances...
- Young Girl Gets ‘Game Changer’ in Fight Against Cystic Fibrosis
At just one month old, Raelyn Copeland from Slidell, Louisiana was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis, a hereditary disorder characterized by the accumulation of mucus in the lungs that makes it difficult to breathe properly. Her mother, Angela Spencer, immediately began to advocate, campaign, and hold...
- Couple Raises Twins with Cystic Fibrosis
There’s a lot for parents to process and prepare for when they have a baby on the way. To find out that twins are coming monumentally adds to the planning necessary for their arrival. For parents to know they’ll be caring for children with a debilitating genetic disease is even more pressure...
- Procedure Found to Help Children with Cystic Fibrosis
Researchers have recently found that the simple procedure of inhaling hypertonic saline solution, or HSS, can increase sputum production and improve pathogen identification in children. This breakthrough will act as a benefit to many suffering from cystic fibrosis who are unable to spontaneously...
- Dr. Frankie Alvarado M.D.400 AVE FD ROOSEVELT SAN JUAN PR 00918
- Dr. Hector J Stella estevez MD630 CALLE ALDEBARAN SAN JUAN PR 00920
- Dr. Juan Jimenez MD452 AVE HOSTOS SAN JUAN PR 00918
- Dr. Raul A Rios mollineda MDEdif Arturo Cadilla Bayamon PR 00961
- Dr. Hector Y Vazquez saad MDAve Fd Roosevelt # 400 San Juan PR 00917
- Juan Alberto Flores-gonzalez M.D.1801 AVE PONCE DE LEON SAN JUAN PR 00909