Dr. Duane James Nelson M.D. is a top Doctor in Provo, UT.With a passion for the field and an unwavering commitment to their specialty, Dr. Duane James Nelson M.D. is an expert in changing the lives of their patients for the better.Through their designated cause and expertise in the field, Dr. Duane James Nelson M.D. is a prime example of a true leader in health care.As a leader and expert in their field, Dr. Duane James Nelson M.D. is passionate about enhancing patient quality of life. They embody the values of communication, safety, and trust when dealing directly with patients.In Provo, UT, Dr. Duane James Nelson M.D. is a true asset to their field and dedicated to the profession of medicine.
Education and Training
Uniformed Services Univ Of The Hlth Sci- Bethesda Md 1988
Uniformed Services University of The Health Sciences,Bethesda, Md, United States 1988
Uniformed Services University of The Health Sciences,Bethesda, Md, United States Medicine
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine 1988
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Ophthalmology (eye Disease), Cataract Surgery With Lens Replacement
- Macular Degeneration
- Fellow American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery
- Member Utah Ophthalmological Society
- Naval Med Ctr-San Diego, Ophthalmology; Naval Med Ctr-San Diego, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Naval Medical Center San Diego 1991
- Naval Medical Center (Portsmouth) Program
Dr. Duane James Nelson M.D.'s Practice location
Provo, UT 84604Get Direction
Dr. Duane James Nelson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Nelson
- Foods to Eat While Pregnant
What you eat when you are pregnant matters, as this is the source of nutrients for the growing baby. There is an increased need of proteins and calcium for the growth of tissues and bones in the fetus. Extra folic acid in the diet will prevent the risk of neural tube birth defects and will also help...
- What are the Risks to a Cholecystectomy?
A cholecystectomy is often performed to remove gallstones. This usually causes pain and complications within the bile duct and gallbladder. There are also risks associated with this procedure. Laparoscopic cholecystectomy is usually safe and heals quickly. This involves the insertion of a small...
- How to Explain MS to Friends
Often times, words don’t come out the way they should when you try to talk about serious issues such as health. Talking about multiple sclerosis can be difficult because it is often an “invisible” illness. Many of the symptoms of MS cannot be seen and it may be harder for friends to understand...
- Anemia Symptoms
What is anemia?Anemia occurs when there are low levels of red blood cells (RBCs) in the body. Red blood cells are the ones that carry oxygen all over the body. So when a person's RBC count is lower than normal, it means that there is not enough oxygen in the blood, causing symptoms of anemia, such...
- What Is Pyrexia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction Pyrexia is the medical term for fever, in which the human body temperature rises above the average normal (37 degrees Celsius or 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit). Pyrexia is one of the most common symptoms of numerous medical conditions.There are multiple factors can affect the normal body...
- Questions You Should Be Asking Your Doctor
IntroductionAlthough doctors have the best intentions, it does not always mean that they will perfectly recognize their patient’s greatest need. For this reason, patients also need to take an active role when it comes to communicating with their doctor.One of the best ways to make sure that...
- Wendell A Gibby MD3152 N University Ave Provo UT 84604
- Dr. Douglas Denys M.D.1159 E 200 N American Fork UT 84003
- Dr. Douglas W Hacking M.D.171 N 400 W Orem UT 84057
- Dr. W. Lawrence Warner M.C.1120 E 100 N Payson UT 84651
- Dr. A creig Macarthur M.D.1055 North 300 West Provo UT 84604
- Dr. Milo Lyman Moody M.D.777 N 500 W Provo UT 84601