Dr. Amy Carr is a speech language pathologist practicing in CHARLOTTE, NC. Dr. Carr specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Carr evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Carr helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Amy Danielle Carr M.S. CCC-SLP's Practice location
CHARLOTTE, NC 28204Get Direction
Mrs. Amy Danielle Carr M.S. CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- Margaret Wilkoff M.S., CCC-SLP598 INDIAN TRAIL RD S INDIAN TRAIL NC 28079
- Mrs. Abby Barnes Cash SLP1100 BLYTHE BLVD CHARLOTTE NC 28203
- Ms. Lisa Altavia Floyd SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATH13634 ROYALWOOD LN CHARLOTTE NC 28273
- Meredith A. Gerbino M.S. CCC-SLP3403 LINDEN BERRY LN CHARLOTTE NC 28269
- Terri Hennessey M.S. CCC-SLP1599 FARM HOUSE DR FORT MILL SC 29715
- Mrs. Patricia Boone Henderlite11535 CARMEL COMMONS BLVD CHARLOTTE NC 28226