Dr. Patricia Mcgaffagan is a psychologist practicing in Smithfield, NC. Dr. Mcgaffagan specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Mcgaffagan evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Mcgaffagan because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Patricia Mcgaffagan M.A.'s Practice location
Smithfield, NC 27577Get Direction
Patricia Mcgaffagan M.A.'s reviewsWrite Review
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- Meditate to Concentrate: The Science Behind Meditation
The science behind meditationPeople who meditate use their brain in such a way that it helps them avoid distraction and concentrate on the their task, says a new study. People who meditate regularly have less activity in that part of the brain associated with distractions and day dreaming....
- Tips for Immediately Reducing Stress
Here are some some on-the-spot tips that experts recommend to relax and reduce stress instantly: ...
- How to Get Your Hormones in Check When You Have Depression
Depression is a mental illness that consumes individuals, leaving them feeling helpless, hopeless, and sometimes useless. It can be caused by life experiences such as loss of a family member or mental trauma in an individual's life.Depression can occur to anyone, and for a vast majority affected,...
- Trypophobia and Other Strange Phobias
A phobia can be defined as a debilitating and overwhelming fear of a situation, object, animal, feeling, or place. Phobias are more evident compared to "fear" and normally occur when an individual has an unrealistic or exaggerated sense of danger about an object or situation. In case a phobia gets...
- Marriage, Relationships, and Autism
An autism diagnosis can be life changing in many ways, but many wonder how it will impact their relationships, marriages, and other long-term plans.MarriageLife is like a roller coaster. There are highs and lows.However, your partner is supposed to be there through all of it with you, and you will...
- Mr. Timothy Richard Hughes MA LPA521 N Brightleaf Blvd Smithfield NC 27577
- Deborah Lynn Lindsay LPA221 Barbour St Clayton NC 27520
- Alexis Kreske M.A., LPA, HSP-PA201 Stevens Mill Rd Goldsboro NC 27530
- Dr. Carolyn R. Cook PH.D.201 Stevens Mill Rd Goldsboro NC 27530
- Dr. David Archie Norris PHD223 Hwy 70 East Garner NC 27529
- Dr. Ronald J Valentine PHD1201 Aversboro Rd Garner NC 27529