Dr. Jill Garfinkle is a speech language pathologist practicing in Baltimore, MD. Dr. Garfinkle specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Garfinkle evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Garfinkle helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Dr. Jill Wilen Garfinkle MA, PSYD, CCC-SLP's Practice location
Baltimore, MD 21209Get Direction
TOWSON, MD 21204Get Direction
Dr. Jill Wilen Garfinkle MA, PSYD, CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Ms. Patricia Lynn Banick MA., CCC-SLP2225 OLD EMMORTON ROAD BEL AIR MD 21015
- Catherine A Moore CCC-SLP7000 TUDSBURY RD BALTIMORE MD 21244
- Patricia Regina Ourand MS, CCC-SLP400 E PRATT ST BALTIMORE MD 21202
- Rebecca L. Terhune SLP658 BOULTON ST BEL AIR MD 21014
- Monica L Watters CCC-SLP707 N BROADWAY BALTIMORE MD 21205
- Roxanne Fon1818 POT SPRING RD LUTHERVILLE MD 21093