Dr. Joan Sumkin is an internist practicing in Madison, WI. Dr. Sumkin specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Sumkin provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Oh State Univ Coll of Med, Columbus Oh 1982
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- University Hosp, Inc, Internal Medicine
Dr. Joan Sumkin M.D.'s Practice location
Madison, WI 53705Get Direction
Dr. Joan Sumkin M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Syphilis: How Does It Affect Men and Women?
Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease that affects both men and women. The most common locations for the chancre to appear are in the penis, vagina, anus, and even in the oral cavity. There is not much difference in men and women as far as symptoms, diagnosis, and treatments are concerned....
- How Can I Improve my Metabolic Rate?
A number of factors, apart from your genes, decide the rate at which food is broken down in our body to release much needed energy. This includes body size, age, gender, hormonal levels, and physical activity. Thankfully, metabolic rate can be increased, irrespective of gender, body size, or age.Of...
- How to Get Rid of Hiccups
Hiccups refer to the sudden spasms of the diaphragm, the muscle present at the base of the lungs that separates the chest and abdomen. These spasms result in the closure of the vocal cords, which produces the characteristic ‘hic’ sound of hiccups. Fortunately these bothersome contractions are...
- Questions You Should Be Asking Your Doctor
IntroductionAlthough doctors have the best intentions, it does not always mean that they will perfectly recognize their patient’s greatest need. For this reason, patients also need to take an active role when it comes to communicating with their doctor.One of the best ways to make sure that...
- What Is Vistaril Used For?
What is Vistaril (hydroxyzine)?Vistaril is a medication used to reduce central nervous system activity. It is an antihistamine drug that can help reduce the effects of histamine in the body and relieve symptoms of allergy, such as histamine-induced itch, hives, and contact dermatitis.Vistaril is...
- Can Low Levels of Testosterone be the Cause of Your Health Conditions?
New studies have depicted the link between low levels of testosterone and other health conditions, in men, and how hormone levels are related to the overall health of the individual. Results of the study show that a deficiency in testosterone is linked to several conditions, like obesity, metabolic...
- Dr. Rolando L. Gonzalez M.D.2229 N. Commerce Parkway Weston Florida 33326
- Dr. Leo A Schug MD10 Tower Dr Sun Prairie WI 53590
- Dr. Mariah A. Quinn M.D.75 Francis St Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Michael I Goldrosen M.D.4410 Regent St Madison WI 53705
- Dr. Hajnal K Kinda MD7102 Mineral Point Rd Madison WI 53717
- Dr. Bruce H Camilleri MD5000 Memorial Dr Two Rivers WI 54241