Dr. John Stevenson practices Neurological Surgery in Gainesville, FL. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Stevenson prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Univ of Glasgow, Fac of Med, Glasgow, Scotland 1987
University of Glasgow Faculty of Medicine 1987
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Spotlight on gender.
- Hormone therapy and heart disease.
- Hormone replacement therapy.
- Effects of oestrogen-only and oestrogen-progestogen replacement therapy upon circulating angiotensin I-converting enzyme activity in postmenopausal women.
- Long-term effects of hormone replacement therapy.
- Randomized trial of effect of transdermal continuous combined hormone replacement therapy on cardiovascular risk markers.
- Further confusion in postmenopausal health: new CSM moves on osteoporosis.
- Where has WHI led us now?
- The metabolic basis for the effects of HRT on coronary heart disease.
- Inflammation markers and erythrocyte sedimentation rate but not metabolic syndrome factor score predict coronary heart disease in high socioeconomic class males: the HDDRISC study.
- Metabolic effects of hormone replacement therapy.
- Bone mineral density in postmenopausal women treated with a vaginal ring delivering systemic doses of estradiol acetate.
- Climacteric medicine: European Menopause and Andropause Society (EMAS) 2004/2005 position statements on peri- and postmenopausal hormone replacement therapy.
- Justification for the use of HRT in the long-term prevention of osteoporosis.
- Hormone replacement therapy: review, update, and remaining questions after the Women's Health Initiative Study.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Pinched Nerve
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Stenosis
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Duke Univ Med Ctr, Neurological Surgery
- Duke University
- Duke University Hospital Program
Dr. John C Stevenson M.D.'s Practice location
Gainesville, FL 32607Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. John C Stevenson M.D. | Neurosurgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. John C Stevenson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Stevenson
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Laminectomy
What Is a Laminectomy?The lamina is the back part of your vertebra covering the spinal canal. Your doctor could decide to eliminate your lamina or the bone spurs around it when either causes compression of your spinal cord or the roots of your nerves. Pressure on the roots of your nerves can cause:...
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- Dr. Maryam Rahman MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32608
- Dr. J. Duffy Mocco MD1600 Sw Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Spiros Lee Blackburn M.D.1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32608
- Dr. Justin Matthew Sporrer MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32608
- Dr. Steven N Roper MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32608
- Dr. Sivasupiramaniam Sriharan MD6400 W NEWBERRY RD STE 206 GAINESVILLE FL 32605