Dr. Ricardo Fontoura is a Dentist practicing in ATLANTIC BEACH, FL. Dr. Fontoura specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, prosthodontic, and endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, among many others.
Ricardo B. Fontoura DMD's Practice location
ATLANTIC BEACH, FL 32233Get Direction
Ricardo B. Fontoura DMD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Causes of Receding Gums?
As the margin of teeth recede, the roots of the teeth are exposed. Receding gums are a very common oral problem and are of concern as it may be the warning signs of many gum diseases. Gum deterioration occurs gradually with time and creates small pockets or gaps between the tooth and the gum, which...
- Gingivitis: Signs, Symptoms, and Treatment
Gingivitis, or periodontal disease, is known as the inflammation of the gums. The most common cause of gingivitis is poor oral hygiene and poor dental care. This will lead to a formation of plaque. Plaque is a sticky film composed mainly of bacteria, which is also invisible. The bacteria forms on...
- 8 Helpful Tips to Protect Tooth Enamel
Enamel, the hard coating on the surface of the teeth, is designed to last long even though wear and tear occurs throughout one's lifetime. “This is the hardest substance in the body," says Leslie Seldin, DDS, a spokesperson for the American Dental Association. There are a number of ways by which...
- Is There an Ideal Teeth Whitening Product?
Normally, teeth are yellowish in color and are rarely pure white. As white teeth are a popular demand, more and more products have hit the market, claiming to whiten teeth. This includes whitening tooth-pastes, gels, rinses, strips and trays. Teeth whitening is recommended for people with healthy...
- How to Prepare for Your Dental Appointment
According to the American Dental Association (ADA), people should visit their dentist or dental hygienist every six months to maintain optimal oral health. Dental problems should never be ignored since they can become serious and contribute to other medical conditions, such as heart disease,...
- Frequent Smoking and Lack of Sleep Can Lead to Gum Disease
Studies show that smoking and lack of sleep are two factors that affect the progression of gum disease. “The study shows that other than brushing and flossing, there are lifestyle factors that may affect the dental health of a person”, says Preston D. Miller Jr., DDS, president of the American...
- Natasha A. Patel DMD1580 Wells Rd Orange Park Florida 32073
- Dr. Cj Henley DMD3675 Hendricks Ave Jacksonville FL 32207
- Dr. Michael Thomas Mcclure DMD1562 Wells Rd Orange Park FL 32073
- Joseph Gerard Chiafair DDS9471 Baymeadows Rd Jacksonville FL 32256
- Dr. Sean M Altenbach D.M.D.8841 San Jose Boulevard Jacksonville FL 32217
- Mr. William D Baxter DMD,PA1566-3 Dunn Ave Jacksonville FL 32218