Dr. Harold Huffaker practices Emergency Medicine in Walnut Creek, CA. Dr. Huffaker assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Huffaker examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Northwestern Uniiversity 1968
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Univ Ca Davis Med Ctr, Cardiovascular Diseases; Univ Ca Davis Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Cook County Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Cook County Hospital
Dr. Harold K. Huffaker MD's Practice location
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Get Direction
Dr. Harold K. Huffaker MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
Leukocyte Esterase Urine TestLeukocyte esterase (LE) is an esterase produced by white blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes. A leukocyte esterase test is a urine test used to detect the presence of white blood cells and other health conditions associated with infection.Normally, leukocyte esterase...
- What Is Reye's Syndrome: Causes and Treatments
What is Reye’s syndrome?Reye's syndrome is a rare but serious condition that can cause swelling of the liver and brain. Even though this condition can occur at any age, it is mostly reported to affect children and teenagers, especially those who are trying to recover from viral infections, such as...
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
- What Is a GI Cocktail?
Introduction A GI cocktail or gastrointestinal cocktail is a mixture of liquid antacid, viscous lidocaine, and an anticholinergic agent. A GI cocktail is primarily used to treat dyspepsia.There are a wide variety of GI cocktail recipes nowadays. One popular recipe is a mixture of viscous lidocaine,...
- What Is a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)?
OverviewA transient ischemic attack (TIA) is a mini-stroke, which only lasts for a few minutes. It occurs when blood stops flowing to a part of the brain for a short time. The symptoms of TIA are similar to other symptoms of stroke, but they do not last long, so TIA does not lead to permanent...
What is lightheadedness?Lightheadedness or feeling faint may not always be a cause for concern. However, it may also indicate an underlying health problem and can increase the risk of falling and fall-related injuries. If you feel lightheaded, drink water or fluids containing electrolytes and take...
- Dr. Naomi Victoria Marks M.D.1411 E. 31st St. Oakland CA 94602
- Dr. John K Burke MD350 Hawthorne Ave Oakland CA 94609
- Dr. Stephen D Cady MD911 Sunset Dr Hollister CA 95023
- Dr. Andre H. Baitoo MD4501 Sand Creek Rd Antioch CA 94531
- Dr. Christopher Wade Wallace M.D.Sutter Solano Medical Center Vallejo CA 94589
- Dr. Mihir A. Meghani M.D.27400 Hesperian Blvd Hayward CA 94545