Dr. Alvin Harrison is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Danville, KY. Dr. Harrison specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Harrison can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Harrison can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Univ of Ky Coll of Med, Lexington Ky 1974
University of Kentucky College of Medicine 1974
- Venous Insufficiency
- Opiate Dependence
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Leg Ulcer
- Vascular Disease
- Univ Of Ky Hosp-Chandler Mc, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- University Ky College Med
Mr. Alvin R Harrison MD's Practice location
Danville, KY 40422Get Direction
Mr. Alvin R Harrison MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Chemotherapy for Ovarian Cancer
What is ovarian cancer?Cancer begins when the cells in the body begin to grow out of control. Any cells in the body can start to become cancerous and can spread to other parts of the body. The beginning of ovarian cancer happens in the ovaries. Ovaries are basically the reproductive glands found in...
- 5 Tips on Living with Ovarian Cancer
Ovarian cancer is a very serious condition. Sadly, in a decent amount of cases, this horrible disease has a fatal outcome. That’s why people who are suffering from ovarian cancer should really take this illness seriously. The most important thing you need to remember is to visit your doctor much...
- Things You Should Avoid While You're Pregnant
Undercooked poultry, eggs, and meatPregnant women are prone to food borne illnesses. To avoid these illnesses, all meats must be cooked fully. Eat eggs that have firm yolks and whites. Eating raw eggs, or even soft scrambled eggs, not safe for you are the baby. Processed meats, like hotdogs and deli...
- Over-The-Counter Painkillers Taken During Pregnancy May Affect Male Infertility
According to a recent study published in the journal, Human Reproduction, some of the common over-the-counter pain killers taken during pregnancy may result in male infertility. This study conducted on 2,300 Danish and Finnish women shows that even acetaminophen can affect the reproductive health...
- 5 Tips on Living with Vaginitis
Vaginitis is an infection that causes swelling and inflammation in the vagina. Vaginitis happens as a result of an imbalance of the normal bacterial flora causing an overgrowth of other organisms in the vagina.Types of VaginitisThere are many conditions that will cause swelling or infection in the...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Menstrual Cramps?
The dull, throbbing, or sharp pain felt in the lower abdomen before and during menstrual periods is known as menstrual cramps, or dysmenorrhea. The pain may range in severity and continue for two to three days. Although all women are not affected by period pains, it may affect normal activities in...
- Mr. Gary R Ahnquist MD333 S 3rd St Danville KY 40422
- Dr. Jennifer Ellen Stivers MD333 S 3rd St Danville KY 40422
- Mrs. Anne E Turcea M.D.333 S 3rd St Danville KY 40422
- Dr. Rodney Lee Mirich M.D.131 Creekside Dr Danville KY 40422
- Dr. Stephen P Meese D.O.919 Chambers Blvd Bardstown KY 40004
- Mr. Michael W Glover MD333 S 3rd St Danville KY 40422