Dr. John Wine is a family practitioner practicing in Burkeville, VA. Dr. Wine specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Wine possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll of Va Sch of Med, Richmond Va 1976
Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College of Virginia School of Medic 1976
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Med Coll Of Virginia Hosp, Family Medicine; Columbia-Hca Chippenham M C, Family Medicine
- Medical College Of Virginia
Dr. John R Wine's Practice location
Burkeville, VA 23922Get Direction
Dr. John R Wine's reviewsWrite Review
- Rubella Symptoms and Treatment
What is rubella?Rubella is a contagious viral disease that is characterized by red rashes on the skin. The condition is also called German measles, although it is not caused by the virus that causes measles. Aside from a widespread skin rash, individuals who have rubella also have swollen lymph...
- Syphilis: If Left Untreated, What Happens to the Body?
What is Syphilis?Syphilis is a venereal disease that is transmitted through vaginal, anal, or oral sexual contact. It can also be passed from a pregnant mother to her unborn baby, or from an infected blood donor to a person who receives the blood contaminated with syphilitic bacteria through a...
- What Complications May Occur If Bronchitis Goes Untreated?
Acute bronchitis may not cause any complications if it occurs the first time in a person. It usually goes away by taking proper rest after about two to three weeks. However, if bronchitis is left untreated, it can affect the respiratory system and damage the airways and lungs. Because of this...
- Should I Take a Folic Acid Supplement?
Formerly known as folacin, folate is the generic term for both folate and folic acid. It is a B vitamin, which is important for the growth and metabolism of cells. Studies have shown that many people do not get enough folic acid from diet alone.Why do people take folic acid supplements?For pregnant...
- All About Addison's Disease
What is Addison’s disease?One of the ways in which the body maintains proper balance is by using certain chemical messengers called as hormones. This done so to regulate various functions in the body. There is a small adrenal gland present above each kidney. These glands work to produce hormones,...
- Black Stool: What Does It Mean?
What does a black stool indicate?A black or dark red-colored stool is called tarry or bloody stools. However, passing dark-colored stools is not always caused by serious problems. One of the most common causes of black stools is the consumption of iron supplements, particularly in people who have...
- Dr. Teresa A.f. Moore MD312 King Street Keysville VA 23947
- Dr. Timothy Wiley Corbett M.D.324 Commerce Rd Farmville VA 23901
- Dr. Salvatore Karl Bavuso M.D.202 Agee St Farmville VA 23901
- Dr. Mary E Cabrera MD1418 6th St Victoria VA 23974
- Dr. David W Michie MD306 E 6th Ave Kenbridge VA 23944
- Dr. Debra Marie Sequeira MD1508 K V Rd Victoria VA 23974