Dr. Christy Hewling practices Emergency Medicine in Kennesaw, GA. Dr. Hewling assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Hewling examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Howard University Medical School MD
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
Dr. Christy Francis Hewling MD's Practice location
Kennesaw, GA 30144Get Direction
Austell, GA 30106Get Direction
Dr. Christy Francis Hewling MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Influenza B: What You Need to Know
Influenza Influenza, also commonly called as the flu, is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by viruses, particularly influenza A or influenza B. These viruses usually infect the throat, nose, and lungs. Although the flu causes mild symptoms in most people, it can also cause severe...
- What Is Reye's Syndrome: Causes and Treatments
What is Reye’s syndrome?Reye's syndrome is a rare but serious condition that can cause swelling of the liver and brain. Even though this condition can occur at any age, it is mostly reported to affect children and teenagers, especially those who are trying to recover from viral infections, such as...
- What Could Uncontrollable Shivering Mean?
Uncontrollable shivering is characterized by the rapid shifting between muscle relaxation and contraction. It is through these contractions that the body warms itself up when exposed to cold. Shivering is not always accompanied by fever. In some cases, shivering may occur before the onset of...
- Dr. Richard Dukes MD11705 Jones Bridge Road Johns Creek Georgia 30005
- Dr. Travan K Jasper MD1170 Cleveland Ave Atlanta GA 30344
- Dr. Reginald Ashley Orr MD4802 10th ave Brooklyn NY 11219
- Dr. Vida M. Reklaitis M.D.1000 Johnson Ferry Rd NE Atlanta GA 30342
- Dr. Stephen J. Kraus MD5555 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Atlanta GA 30342
- Dr. Jann Lou Blanton MD1968 Peachtree Road Nw Atlanta GA 30309