Dr. Laura Scharf is a pediatrician practicing in Quincy, MA. Dr. Scharf is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Scharf diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Scharf can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Univ of Fl Coll of Med, Gainesville Fl 1999
University of Florida College of Medicine 1999
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Ear Infection
- Lyme Disease
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Strep Throat
- New England Med Ctr Hosps, Pediatrics
- Tufts Medical Center (New England) Program
Dr. Laura Scharf MD's Practice location
Quincy, MA 02169Get Direction
Dr. Laura Scharf MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Scharf
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- Obese Children Can Reduce Their Risk for Heart Disease
In a new study, researchers analyzed data from four different studies to see if childhood obesity results in an increased risk of heart disease and other health problems. Results of the study, published in The New England Journal of Medicine, showed that obese children who cut down weight and reach...
- Hives in Children: Causes and Treatment
Hives is a common skin condition in children. It is characterized by itchy, raised, red and white welts on the skin. The condition is also medically known as urticaria. Hives are not contagious and may last for a few hours or days. However, in some cases, they may last for a few weeks.In this...
- Schoolboy with Autism Responds to Bullies in a Powerful Way
It is an unfortunate part of life that some children will end up bullying other people their age. Some children seem to have an uncanny ability to hone in on a difference and exploit it, turning it into a weakness and hurting the other kid.Children with autism are especially vulnerable. They are...
- How Examining Eye Movements Can Help Diagnose Autism
When it comes to treating autism, the earlier that a diagnosis can be accurately provided, the better off the patient will be in the long-term. While some members of the medical community continue to devote research to the treatment of autism, and while that research is undoubtedly invaluable,...
- What Is Campylobacter Infection: Causes and Treatment
Campylobacter InfectionOne of the main causes of diarrhea is Campylobacter. It is also one of the major causes of foodborne illnesses. When it infects the gastrointestinal tract, it can cause cramps, fever, and diarrhea. Campylobacter infections can be prevented by good handwashing habits and food...
- Dr. William D. Singer M.D.42 WASHINGTON ST WELLESLEY MA 02481
- Dr. Gloria A. Rudisch M.D.11 PIERCE ST BROOKLINE MA 02445
- Dr. Jocelyn R. Healey MD223 CHIEF JUSTICE CUSHING HWY COHASSET MA 02025
- Alan Minoru Fujii1 Boston Medical Center Place Boston Massachusetts 2118
- Dr. Jeanette Adele Callahan MD1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02139
- Peter K. Harvie55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 2114