Dr. Carol Schmidt is an ophthalmologist practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Schmidt specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Schmidt can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Schmidt can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ of Il Coll of Med, Chicago Il 1994
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- McGaw Med Ctr Of Northwestern, Ophthalmology; Evanston Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Northwestern University 1995
Dr. Carol Schmidt MD's Practice location
Chicago, IL 60611Get Direction
Chicago, IL 60611Get Direction
Dr. Carol Schmidt MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Reasons Why You Would Need a Cataract Surgery
Unfortunately, no particular drug or types of eye drops have been found to specifically reverse or prevent the formation of cataracts. There are eyeglasses that can be recommended by your doctor if you develop nearsightedness or blurred vision as a result of cataract formation. A surgical procedure...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Rosacea?
Rosacea is a very common skin condition that frequently affects people aged above 30 years. It produces redness on your cheeks, nose, and forehead. Although it commonly affects women, more severe symptoms occur in males. Approximately 16 million people are affected in the United States alone, and it...
- Everything You Need to Know About Lasik Eye Surgery
Nearsightedness or myopia, farsightedness or hyperopia and astigmatism or blurred vision are collectively referred as refractive disorders which commonly affect the eyes. They occur as a consequence of disease, injury or progressive aging. The weakening of the eye lens and lengthening or shortening...
- Conjunctivitis: When to See an Ophthalmologist and What to Expect
Our eyes are our windows to the world, and we each get only a single pair in our lifetime. Life without our sense of sight can spell great difficulty. Imagine being born and living with good vision for decades, only to have it impaired by some disease we could have prevented or gotten treatment for....
- Diagnosing Cataracts: What You Need To Know
What are cataracts?When the lens located inside the human eye gets cloudy, it is called a cataract. A cataract in Latin means waterfall, thus describing what your vision with cataract is like; seeing through a waterfall. A cataract occurs as a result of the inability of the lens to allow sufficient...
- Signs and Symptoms of Conjunctivitis
There are many causes of conjunctivitis such as:...
- Dr. Dimitri G. Perros M.D.800 Austin Evanston Illinois 60202
- Dr. Mark I. Golden M.D.875 North Michigan Avenue Chicago Illinois 60611
- Dr. James Reidy MD3580 Sheridan Drive Buffalo New York 14226
- Manvi Prakash Maker2050 Pfingsten Road Glenview Illinois 60026
- Dr. Deepa G. Reddy M.D.618 Pleasantville Road Lancaster Ohio 43130
- Dr. Veeral S. Sheth M.D.2050 Pfingsten Road Glenview Illinois 60026