Dr. Jonathan Dehaan is a psychiatrist practicing in Seattle, WA. Dr. Dehaan is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Dehaan diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Dehaan may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Dehaan treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Jonathan Dehaan MD's Practice location
Seattle, WA 98195Get Direction
FEDERAL WAY, WA 98003Get Direction
Jonathan Dehaan MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Shortness of Breath and Panic Attacks
A panic attack is the most well-known symptom of a panic disorder. Oftentimes, panic attacks come unexpectedly and are usually accompanied by various frightening physical sensations, including hyperventilation or shortness of breath. They are sudden periods of intense fear and anxiety. Panic attacks...
- What Is Antisocial Personality Disorder?
Antisocial Personality DisorderAntisocial personality disorder, also called sociopathy, is a type of personality disorder that is characterized by irresponsible, criminal, and impulsive behavior. A person with antisocial personality disorder is often reckless, dishonest, and manipulative with no...
- The Science Behind Depression: What Happens in Your Brain
Although the causes of depression are often associated with tragic life events, pregnancy, retirement, or conflicts in a relationship, this complex disorder is scientifically believed to be caused by a chemical imbalance. This chemical imbalance can be a result of a genetic vulnerability,...
- What Is a Transorbital Lobotomy?
Transorbital LobotomyTransorbital lobotomy was once considered as a form of neurosurgery that was labeled as "insane". A pioneer in this field was a Portuguese doctor named António Egas Moniz. He introduced frontal lobotomy in 1935 for certain cases of psychosis and won a Nobel Prize because of...
- What Is a Sociopath? Definition, Characteristics, and Treatment
A sociopath is an individual who has a personality disorder, which is characterized by antisocial, deceitful, and manipulative tendencies. Sociopaths also lack empathy and usually have a hard time forming relationships. Most of the time they are irresponsible, and in worst cases, do not have a...
- Dr. Frank A. Stanton M.D.17300 VIKING WAY NW POULSBO WA 98370
- Dr. Vernon Neppe MD, PHD6300 NINTH AVENUE NE SEATTLE WA 98115
- Ms. Heidi S. Summers MD5825 221ST PLACE SE ISSAQUAH WA 98027
- Dr. Anne Marie Arvidson M.D.307 BELL ST EDMONDS WA 98020
- Dr. Catherine Q Howe MD4225 ROOSEVELT WAY NE FL 4 SEATTLE WA 98105
- Dr. Mehri D Moore M.D.400 108th Ave NE Bellevue WA 98004