Dr. Rajitha Premaratne is a rheumatologist practicing in Saint Louis, MO. Dr. Premaratne specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and systematic autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, muscles or bones. Eventually, if not treated, these illnesses can also impact the skin, eyes, nervous system and internal organs. Dr. Premaratne treats diseases similar to orthopedists but does not perform surgery. Often times, research is conducted to find potential alternatives for the patients illness.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Rheumatology
Dr. Rajitha L Premaratne M.D.'s Practice location
Saint Louis, MO 63141Get Direction
LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ 86403Get Direction
Dr. Rajitha L Premaratne M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Why Is Chemotherapy Used for Lupus?
What is Lupus?Systemic lupus erythematosus, also known as lupus, is a disease of the immune system. The immune system protects the body from infection. In lupus, however, the immune system turns against the body, leading to tissue damage and illness. Thus, lupus is called an autoimmune disease.Men...
- Does Summer Heat and Humidity Affect Fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is mostly known for the pain, fatigue and discomfort it causes a person, and several factors can increase the risk of having it or increase the pain. Many patients have reported that being exposed to different kinds of weather makes them feel more pain. For example, being outside on a...
- Connective Tissue Massage and Exercise Aid with Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia is a disease characterized by chronic muscle pain that lacks an obvious physical cause, it is also thought to be a genetic issue. Massages are a powerful and relaxing tool that help relieve muscular tension. Therapists skilled in the art of massaging apply various types of massages to...
- Everything You Need to Know About Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
Lupus is a chronic auto immune condition that affects many systems in one's body. Cutaneous lupus erythematosus is one type of lupus. Cutaneous lupus can be divided into three main categories:...
- Fibromyalgia: The Mysterious Chronic Pain
A loving husband wants nothing less than to make his wife, Christine Lynch, happy. To show this, he provides for her needs, compliments her, makes her feel loved and occasionally pampers her, especially if she is suffering from any form of discomfort. Christine Lynch’s partner in life is one best...
- Professors Engineer Home Test Kit for Determining Lupus Nephritis Flares
Lupus is a disease that is hard to predict. Sometimes, it develops slowly and sometimes, it develops rapidly. It affects people of different ages and yes, that includes children. People who have lupus are likely to suffer complications with their organs like their heart and kidney, as a result from...
- Dr. David S. Rosenberg M.D.1120 Shackelford Road Florissant Missouri 63031
- Dr. Ying Du M.D.1225 Graham Rd Florissant MO 63031
- Dr. Sona Kamat M.D.13100 MANCHESTER RD STE 70 SAINT LOUIS MO 63131
- Dr. Stephen Craig Ross M.D.522 N New Ballas Rd Saint Louis MO 63141
- Dr. Pierre Moeser M.D.70 Jungermann Cir Saint Peters MO 63376
- Dr. Francisco J Garriga M.D.1120 Shackelford Rd Florissant MO 63031