Lakshmi D Mizin MD
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease187 Fallbrook St Carbondale PA, 18407
Dr. Lakshmi Mizin is a cardiologist practicing in Carbondale, PA. Dr. Mizin specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Mizin also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Andhra Med Coll- Univ Hlth Sci- Visakhapatnam- Ap- India 1970
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Umdnj-R W Johnson Med Sch, Cardiovascular Diseases; Vet Affairs Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Forest Park Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Lakshmi D Mizin MD's Practice location
Carbondale, PA 18407Get Direction
Lakshmi D Mizin MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mizin
- Taurine Reduces the Risk of Coronary Heart Disease in Women
For women with high cholesterol, incorporating taurine into the diet can reduce the risk of heart diseases.According to the European Journal of Nutrition, it is revealed that taurine, the amino acid found in high amounts in poultry, meat, and in other food products, is highly useful and works as a...
- A New Form of Spaghetti Has Been Designed to Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease
Scientists have developed ‘super spaghetti’, a variant of the normal form made from barley flour and this new form of noodles is supposed to reduce the risk of heart disease. Super spaghetti was developed by the scientists in Italy and Spain and the report is published in, Journal of...
- Nuts and your heart: Eating nuts for heart health
Whether roasted or raw, walnuts are the best nuts and have an abundance of heart healthy nutrients. In a recent study, researchers compared the amount of polyphenols — the powerful antioxidants — in nine types of roasted and raw nuts. They also measured the amount of these antioxidants in two...
- Professional Teeth Cleanings Can Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease
Getting the teeth cleaned by a professional may not only give you a healthy and sparkling smile but also a healthier heart, according to a new study. In this study, people who regularly got their teeth cleaned and scaled by a dentist had a 24% less chance of getting heart disease, when compared to...
- Long Commutes May Lead to Poor Health
A study published in, American Journal of Preventive Medicine, shows that people who commute long distances to work tend to have poor health. People who traveled more than 15 miles a day were more likely to be obese and had more belly fat, when compared to people who traveled less than 5 miles to...
- What Causes Secondary Hypertension?
Secondary hypertension refers to high blood pressure that is caused by other diseases. This is a less common form of hypertension when compared to ‘essential’ or ‘primary’ hypertension. A number of conditions that affect heart, kidneys or endocrine system may result in secondary...
- Kevin H Olsen M.D.2603 Stafford Avenue Scranton PA 18505
- Stephen J Voyce MD475 Morgan Hwy Scranton PA 18508
- Madhava S Rao MD475 Morgan Hwy Scranton PA 18508
- Lee Elliot Loewinger M.D.475 Morgan Hwy Scranton PA 18508
- Michael C. Kayal D.O.475 Morgan Hwy Scranton PA 18508
- Sridhar Sampath kumar MD746 Jefferson Ave Scranton PA 18510