Dr. Matthew Vandermeulen is a psychologist practicing in Battle Creek, MI. Dr. Vandermeulen specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Vandermeulen evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Vandermeulen because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Matthew D Vandermeulen's Practice location
Battle Creek, MI 49017Get Direction
THORNTON, CO 80260Get Direction
Matthew D Vandermeulen's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment Options for Depression and Anxiety
Anxiety and depression are similar conditions that develop when neurotransmitters, like serotonin, are not as effective. Low serotonin levels, as well as dopamine and epinephrine levels, play an important role in the development of both anxiety and depression. Since both conditions affect the same...
- 5 Major Health Concerns for Women
According to Saralyn Mark, MD, senior adviser for the Office of Women's Health at the US Department of Health and Human Services, it is important for women to consult with their doctor to discuss their family medical history, to prepare for what they may encounter in their lifetime. Women must be...
- Children with Autism Found to Benefit from Art Therapy
Finding a way to treat those with autism spectrum disorder is of the utmost importance for researchers. This especially holds true when it comes to children. With this in mind, a researcher from Florida State University, Theresa Van Lith, began working with art therapists in order to reinvent...
- Everything You Need to Know About Anxiety Disorder
It’s quite normal to feel nervous and have butterflies in your stomach before going to a job interview, a blind date or making an important decision. This anxiousness is body’s natural response to stress and danger. It is an automatic alarm that rings when you feel threatened, under pressure, or...
- Cognitive Dissonance and How It Works
Cognitive dissonance definitionPsychologically speaking, cognitive dissonance is the mental discomfort (stress) that a person undergoes when he/she goes through simultaneous contradiction of ideas, values, or beliefs when doing something that runs counter to one or more of the ideas, values, or...
- What Are Delusions: Types, Risks, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What are delusions?Delusions are untrue and unrealistic beliefs of a person. A delusion separates the person from reality and imagination. It was previously known as "paranoid disorder", which is a type of serious mental disorder. People with this disorder usually experience delusions associated...
- Dr. Alison M. Howie-Day PHD2109 Hamilton Road Meridian Charter Twnshp. Michigan 48864
- Dr. Casey J Coker PHD140 MICHIGAN AVE W BATTLE CREEK MI 49017
- Dr. Mary Lynn Wassink EDD471 W South St Kalamazoo MI 49007
- Dr. Timothy James Howard ED.D.1662 E Centre Ave Portage MI 49002
- Margie R. Cigoy MA, LLP1608 Lake St Kalamazoo MI 49001
- Tayeba Shaikh PSY.D.3630 Capital Ave SW Battle Creek MI 49015