Dr. Emily Brumfield practices Emergency Medicine in NEW ORLEANS, LA. Dr. Brumfield assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Brumfield examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Emily K Brumfield M.D.'s Practice location
NEW ORLEANS, LA 70121Get Direction
Emily K Brumfield M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Brumfield
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- Copperhead Snake Bites: What Does It Look Like?
Copperhead snake bites are one of the frequently reported snakebites annually. However, they are rarely fatal. Most of the time, snakebites happen when people accidentally step on or touch snakes, which are excellent at blending into their surroundings. When copperhead snakes are disturbed, they...
- What Is a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)?
OverviewA transient ischemic attack (TIA) is a mini-stroke, which only lasts for a few minutes. It occurs when blood stops flowing to a part of the brain for a short time. The symptoms of TIA are similar to other symptoms of stroke, but they do not last long, so TIA does not lead to permanent...
- What Is Cat Scratch Fever?
IntroductionCat scratch fever or cat scratch disease is a bacterial infection spread by cats. You can get the cat scratch fever from a scratch or bite of a cat that is infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae. Aside from the infected cat’s scratch, you can also acquire the infection...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is a CPK Lab Test?
What is creatine phosphokinase (CPK)?Creatine phosphokinase (CPK) is an enzyme, which is predominantly present in the heart, brain, and skeletal muscles. Converting creatine into phosphate is the main task of this enzyme. The cells of the body then quickly consume or burn this phosphate and use it...
- Dr. Matthew H Leboeuf MD2700 Napoleon Ave New Orleans LA 70115
- Dr. Michael Christopher Knisley M.D.1514 Jefferson Highway New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Christopher John Najberg D.O.1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. James W Callaghan MD1101 Medical Center Blvd Marrero LA 70072
- Dr. Erik T Sundell MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Andrew P Mayer MD1101 Medical Center Blvd Marrero LA 70072