Dr. Elizabeth Jaffe is a family practitioner practicing in Reno, NV. Dr. Jaffe specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Jaffe possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
University of Nevada Reno 2003
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- The incorporation of nicotinic acid and of nicotinamide into the pyridine nucleotides of erythrocytes and reticulocytes of rabbits in vitro.
- The reduction of methemoglobin in erythrocytes of a patient with congenital methemoglobinemia, subjects with erythrocyte glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency, and normal individuals.
- A COMPARISION OF THE EFFECT OF MENADIONE, METHYLENE BLUE AND ASCORBIC ACID ON THE
- METHEMOGLOBINEMIA IN MAN.
- The reduction of methemoglobin in human erythrocytes incubated with purine nucleosides.
- The importance of methionine and choline in the arrest of dietary cirrhosis of the liver in the rat.
- Is it bad to be blue?
- DPNH-methemoglobin reductase deficiency and hereditary methemoglobinemia.
- Differential diagnosis of hereditary hemolytic disorders.
- Lactic acidosis in pulmonary edema due to left ventricular failure.
- Hemolytic anemia and pancreatic acinar atrophy and fibrosis conditioned by "elemental" liquid diets and the ordinary intestinal microflora.
- The effect of oxygen, carbon dioxide, pH and cyanate on the binding of 2,3-diphosphoglycerate to human hemoglobin.
- Dr. Henry M. Stratton--80 years.
- Thomas Hale Ham, the teacher--an appreciation.
Dr. Elizabeth Ryan Jaffe MD's Practice location
Reno, NV 89523Get Direction
RENO, NV 89523Get Direction
Dr. Elizabeth Ryan Jaffe MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Diclofenac?
What is diclofenac?Diclofenac is an analgesic and anti-inflammatory medicine that belongs to the drug class called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Different types of pain such as dental pain, muscle pain associated with injury or surgery, and migraine can be treated by diclofenac. Redness...
Oliguria is a medical term used when referring to a decreased urine output. Oliguria is considered when a person’s urine output is less than 400 mL in a 24-hour period. When it comes to infants, oliguria occurs when the urine output is less than 0.5 mL/kg/hr for 24 hours. Anuria is the absence...
- These Conditions Can Cause Dyspnea
OverviewDyspnea is the clinical term for shortness of breath or breathlessness experienced by both healthy individuals and patients with respiratory or cardiovascular diseases. It can also be a temporary condition that quickly resolves on its own or a symptom of a more serious health condition. A...
- Symptoms of Gout in Knee
What is gout in knee?Gout in knee is an inflammatory condition that causes swelling and pain in the knee joints. In the US, approximately 1-2 people in every 100 suffer from gout. Men are more likely to be affected by this condition than women with a peak-incidence age of 75. There are recurrent...
- What Is IBS with Diarrhea (IBS-D)?
If you are suffering from IBS-D, you may experience belly pain that is usually associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and you will be forced to make several trips to the bathroom. The letter "D" stands for "diarrhea".General CausesThere is no actual cause of IBS-D. However, the following are...
- Holistic Treatments for Sinusitis
A sinus infection can be caused by bacteria, virus, or fungi. Some of the symptoms of a sinus infection are congestion in the nasal passages, headaches, fever, and cough. It is always advisable to consult a physician if you are experiencing any of these symptoms. However, there are some natural...
- Dr. Victor Knutzen MD, FACS, FACOG.946 Marsh Ct Reno NV 89509
- Dr. Karen M. Stover MD2345 E. Prater Way Sparks NV 89434
- Dr. Brian Richard Passalacqua M.D.123 17th Street Reno NV 89557
- Dr. Michelle A Kim MD880 ALDER AVE INCLINE VILLAGE NV 89451
- Dr. Jennifer K. Hornback MD7111 S Virginia St Reno NV 89511
- Dr. Dennis James Brown MD6880 S Mccarran Blvd Reno NV 89509