Dr. Lokesh Tantuwaya M.D.
Neurosurgeon7830 Clairemont Mesa Blvd Suite 203 San Diego CA, 92111
Dr. Lokesh Tantuwaya practices Neurological Surgery in San Diego, CA. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Tantuwaya prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Northwestern Uniiversity 1992
Northwestern University The Feinberg School of Medicine 1992
- Pinched Nerve
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Stenosis
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Allegheny Gen Hosp, Neurological Surgery; Univ Ca San Diego Med Ctr, Neurological Surgery; Univ Ca San Diego Med Ctr, General Surgery
- Allegheny General Hospital 1999
- University California 1995
- Allegheny General Hospital-Western Pennsylvania Hosp Med Ed Program
- University California 1997
Dr. Lokesh Tantuwaya M.D.'s Practice location
San Diego, CA 92111Get Direction
Dr. Lokesh Tantuwaya M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tantuwaya
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- What Are the Treatments for Stroke?
Emergency treatment for stroke is dependent on the type of stroke you're suffering from. Whether it is an ischemic stroke that blocks an artery, or a hemorrhagic stroke that is caused by bleeding of blood vessels around the brain, acting fast is important since every minute counts.Ischemic Stroke:...
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Laminectomy
What Is a Laminectomy?The lamina is the back part of your vertebra covering the spinal canal. Your doctor could decide to eliminate your lamina or the bone spurs around it when either causes compression of your spinal cord or the roots of your nerves. Pressure on the roots of your nerves can cause:...
- How to Prepare for a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a procedure where a surgeon removes a part or more parts of your vertebrae or any ligaments on your spinal cord that exert pressure on the nerves. Laminectomy is said to be the most common back surgery performed for disability and pain. The following are some expectations before,...
- Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s Disease: It Isn't EasyTony led a normal life just like many of us. He was approaching his fifth to sixth decade, and he was the head of an engineering department--capable of making decisions and recalling those decisions. But suddenly, communication with his wife and children was...
- Dr. John F Alksne M.D.200 W Arbor Dr San Diego CA 92103
- Dr. Donald John Blaskiewicz M.D.2100 5th Ave San Diego CA 92101
- Dr. Rahul Jandial M.D., PH.D.5425 Panoramic Ln San Diego CA 92121
- Dr. Vrijesh Shantanu Tantuwaya MD12630 Monte Vista Rd Poway CA 92064
- Dr. Scott P Leary MD6645 Alvarado Rd San Diego CA 92120
- Dr. Sanjay Ghosh M.D.6645 Alvarado Rd San Diego CA 92120