Dr. Michelle Boren is a speech language pathologist practicing in BARDSTOWN, KY. Dr. Boren specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Boren evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Boren helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Michelle Hill Boren M.S.CCC's Practice location
BARDSTOWN, KY 40004Get Direction
Michelle Hill Boren M.S.CCC's reviewsWrite Review
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Ms. Wynna Gail Cook MSCCCSLP120 LIFE CARE WAY BARDSTOWN KY 40004
- Ms. Amy Mudd266 GUINAN WAY BARDSTOWN KY 40004
- Stephanie Ann Wimpsett SLP150 HUDSON DR BARDSTOWN KY 40004
- Ms. Jennifer Spalding Hagan M.S. SLP112 ROSEWOOD DR BARDSTOWN KY 40004
- Mrs. Yvonne Newport Korwatch3115 E HEBRON LN SHEPHERDSVILLE KY 40165
- Kassandra Barrantes M.S., CCC-SLP2494 PLUM RIDGE RD TAYLORSVILLE KY 40071