Dr. Shukri A Osman MD
Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology9427 Sw Barnes Rd Suite 396 Portland OR, 97225
Dr. Shukri Osman is a nephrologist practicing in Portland, OR. Dr. Osman specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Osman most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
Or Hlth Sci Univ Sch of Med, Portland Or 1996
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Nephrology
- Or Hlth Sci Univ Hosp, Nephrology; Legacy Emmanuel Hosp & Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Shukri A Osman MD's Practice location
Portland, OR 97225Get Direction
TUALATIN, OR 97062Get Direction
Dr. Shukri A Osman MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Osman
- The 3 Types of Urinary Tract Infections
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are common worldwide, among both men and women, and they can occur at all ages. However, women are more likely to develop urinary tract infections than men. A UTI is caused by a bacterial infection in the urinary tract. When bacteria enter the urinary tract, they are...
- Will My Kidney Stones Result in Future Kidney Problems?
A kidney stone is a condition that occurs when the minerals and salts present in the urine become concentrated in high levels and eventually tend to crystallize. These crystallized formations can be seen as stones, and they often stick together. Kidney stones mostly form in the kidney. They start as...
- Everything You Need to Know About Lupus
What is lupus?Lupus or systemic lupus erythematosus is an autoimmune disorder that may affect skin, kidneys, brain, and other organs. According to Lupus Foundation of America, about 1.5 million people in U.S. have lupus. This condition is seen more in women than in men....
- What Is a Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP) Used For?
Basic Metabolic PanelA basic metabolic panel is a group of blood tests that will give healthcare providers important information about an individual's current metabolic status, which includes kidney function, blood sugar levels, acid-base balance, and electrolyte balance. Having a combination of...
- What Could Lead to Nephrotic Syndrome?
IntroductionNephrotic syndrome refers to a group of symptoms that occur when there is something wrong with your kidneys. It can affect people of all ages and is often treatable. Kidney damage may be suspected if an individual shows any of the following symptoms:...
- What Medical Conditions Are Associated with Blood in Urine?
Introduction:Blood in urine is more often than not a sign that there is something amiss in the body. It may signal a minor infection that need not worry you, but it could also be pointing to something more serious that is still undetected. Even if you appear to be in reasonably good health, it is...
- Dr. Andrew Reznick MD700 Ne 87th Ave Vancouver WA 98664
- Dr. Eric Donald Langewisch M.D.3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Rd Portland OR 97239
- Dr. Yekaterina Gincherman M.D.5314 Ne Irving St Portland OR 97213
- Dr. Andreea Luiza Andone M.D.9427 Sw Barnes Rd Portland OR 97225
- Dr. Julie Raggio M.D.10201 Se Main St Portland OR 97216
- Dr. Todd R Hilbelink MD5050 NE HOYT ST PORTLAND OR 97213