Dr. Eric W. Schmidt MD
Emergency Physician55 Lake Ave N Department Of Emerge Worcester MA, 01655
Dr. Eric Schmidt practices Emergency Medicine in Worcester, MA. Dr. Schmidt assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Schmidt examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ma Med Sch- Worcester Ma 1983
University of Massachusetts / Worcester Campus 1983
University Of Massachusetts Medical School 1983
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
- MemberUMass Memorial Medical Group
- Bowman Gray Sch Med Afl Hs, Emergency Medicine
- Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center
- BOWMAN GRAY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
Dr. Eric W. Schmidt MD's Practice location
Worcester, MA 01655Get Direction
Dr. Eric W. Schmidt MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schmidt
- What Is Reye's Syndrome: Causes and Treatments
What is Reye’s syndrome?Reye's syndrome is a rare but serious condition that can cause swelling of the liver and brain. Even though this condition can occur at any age, it is mostly reported to affect children and teenagers, especially those who are trying to recover from viral infections, such as...
What is lightheadedness?Lightheadedness or feeling faint may not always be a cause for concern. However, it may also indicate an underlying health problem and can increase the risk of falling and fall-related injuries. If you feel lightheaded, drink water or fluids containing electrolytes and take...
- What Is a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)?
OverviewA transient ischemic attack (TIA) is a mini-stroke, which only lasts for a few minutes. It occurs when blood stops flowing to a part of the brain for a short time. The symptoms of TIA are similar to other symptoms of stroke, but they do not last long, so TIA does not lead to permanent...
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
- What Is Cat Scratch Fever?
IntroductionCat scratch fever or cat scratch disease is a bacterial infection spread by cats. You can get the cat scratch fever from a scratch or bite of a cat that is infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae. Aside from the infected cat’s scratch, you can also acquire the infection...
- What Could Uncontrollable Shivering Mean?
Uncontrollable shivering is characterized by the rapid shifting between muscle relaxation and contraction. It is through these contractions that the body warms itself up when exposed to cold. Shivering is not always accompanied by fever. In some cases, shivering may occur before the onset of...
- Dr. Nicholas Itzin M.D.281 Lincoln St Worcester MA 01605
- Dr. Edward W. Boyer MD55 Lake Ave N Worcester MA 01655
- Dr. William W. Tollefsen MD119 Belmont St Worcester MA 01605
- Dr. Lynn Alexander Farrugia MD55 Lake Ave N Worcester MA 01655
- Dr. Christina H. Hernon MD157 Union St Marlborough MA 01752
- Dr. Joseph C Palomba MD60 Hospital Rd Leominster MA 01453