Dr. Daniel Friedenson is a psychiatrist practicing in Amherst, MA. Dr. Friedenson is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Friedenson diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Friedenson may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Friedenson treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 1973
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Yale Univ Sch Of Med, Psychiatry; Hartford Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Yale U/Yale New Haven Hospital 1974
Dr. Daniel J. Friedenson M.D's Practice location
Dr. Daniel J. Friedenson M.D's reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Treatment Methods for ADHD?
Reported cases of ADHD have been on the rise lately. In fact, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that as many as 11% of children between the ages of four years old and 17 years old have been diagnosed with ADHD. ADHD is a disease characterized by ongoing patterns of...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Autism
Introduction From the perspective of an outsider, it is very difficult to understand what it is to have autism. This misunderstanding, unfortunately, can result in a lot of misconceptions and stereotypes about people with autism. Below are certain misconceptions, which people usually have in...
- Depression in Seniors
What is depression?Depression is a mood disorder that causes an individual to feel sad, lonely, lost, angry, hopeless, or frustrated daily. These severe emotions can interfere with the individual's everyday life. For elders, depression can arise through hard life experiences, like losing a spouse,...
- What Are the Side Effects of Schizophrenia Medications?
For people with Schizophrenia, the most common and best cure lies in sticking to a treatment plan that involves a daily dose of medication. But, what one must remember is the fact that these medications carry with themselves a large number of risk factors that may present some serious challenges....
- Treating Autism
Since symptoms of autism can vary depending on the child, and behaviors can often change over time, treatment solutions should be tailored to individual needs. A program should improve a child’s communication skills while addressing social, behavioral, and learning aspects of a child’s life....
- Dr. Deirdre Curran M.D.8 Trumball Road Northampton Massachusetts 01060
- William Webb Zeller750 Ridge Road Wetherfield Connecticut 6109
- Dr. Merrilee Leonhardt MD40 Wright St Palmer MA 01069
- Dr. Killian R. O'connell M.D.6 University Dr Amherst MA 01002
- Dr. Ramanpreet Toor M.D.759 Chestnut St Springfield MA 01199
- Dr. Nenita G Shea M.D.30 Riverwood South Hadley MA 01075