Dr. Matthew Woodske practices Pulmonology in Beaver, PA. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Woodske manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine 2001
- Dynamic arterial blood gas analysis in conscious, unrestrained C57BL/6J mice during exposure to intermittent hypoxia.
- A unique case of lemierre syndrome associated with thrombophilia in an adult and the role of anticoagulation.
- Mounier-Kuhn syndrome: imaging in recurrent pulmonary infections.
- A 48-year-old woman with prior liver disease presenting with dyspnea and ground glass opacities.
Dr. Matthew Eliot Woodske MD's Practice location
Beaver, PA 15009Get Direction
BEAVER, PA 15009Get Direction
Dr. Matthew Eliot Woodske MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Is There a Link Between Asthma and Bronchitis?
Bronchitis and Asthma are both inflammatory conditions that affect lungs where a person’s airways swell up, causing them breathing problems.Asthma, also known as bronchial asthma, is characterized as a chronic condition in which a person’s airways become inflamed, narrow and swollen, and produce...
- How Family Can Be a Powerful Support System for Those with Cystic Fibrosis
Family can be a powerful support system. People are naturally community-driven beings who are healthiest and happiest when belonging to something greater. It's the reason that people will make great sacrifices for the people they love. Family can provide the pillar for emotional support through...
- What Causes Asthma?
Asthma is a kind of disease that is characterized by affecting the airways/outlets that carry air to and from the lungs. People who suffer from this chronic condition (long-lasting or recurrent) are said to be asthmatic. This disease comes like a bolt from the blue - a three-pronged attack on the...
- Australian Teen's Experience Living with Cystic Fibrosis
Every day when Kate Daly, a teen from Canberra, joins her friends for lunch at Radford College, she has to open a small package that her mother, Ellen, tapes to her lunchbox.Inside the package is Kate's daily dose of digestive enzymes. Kate has to take these enzymes with every single meal. Her mom...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Gene Editing Has the Potential to Change Cystic Fibrosis
Spiked Columnist, Tim Black, discusses advances in genetic editing in his article, Gene Editing: An Expression of Our Humanity.Tim Black questions how people should all consider the recent negative responses to some of the latest gene-editing successes. The majority of these gene-editing techniques...
- Dr. Mark Lega MD100 S JACKSON AVE PITTSBURGH PA 15202
- Mr. Mark Anthony Provenzano MD9104 Babcock Blvd Pittsburgh PA 15237
- Mr. Thomas Lee Schauble MD9104 Babcock Blvd Pittsburgh PA 15237
- Dr. Gregory B Patrick MD993 Brodhead Rd Coraopolis PA 15108
- Mr. Steven Phillip Harris MD9104 Babcock Blvd Pittsburgh PA 15237
- Dr. Michael Robert Bennett M.D.8008 Bayard Ct Pittsburgh PA 15237