Dr. Nicholas G Bircher MD
Anesthesiologist | Critical Care Medicine200 Lothrop St Pittsburgh PA, 15213
Dr. Nicholas Bircher is an anesthesiologist practicing in Pittsburgh, PA. Dr. Bircher ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Bircher also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Univ of Pittsburgh Sch of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 1981
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine 1981
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- How low can you go? Blood pressure control after intracranial hemorrhage.
- Intra-aortic administration of epinephrine above aortic occlusion does not alter outcome of experimental cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Action sequence for layperson cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Specialty neurointensive care--Is it just a name or a way of life?
- Resuscitation research and consent: ethical and practical issues.
- Acidosis of cardiopulmonary resuscitation: carbon dioxide transport and anaerobiosis.
- Willingness to perform mouth-to-mouth ventilation by health care providers: a survey.
- Effect of a simulation educational intervention on knowledge, attitude, and patient transfer skills: from the simulation laboratory to the clinical setting.
- "Re-evaluation" of CPR.
- Brain resuscitation.
- Neurologic management following cardiac arrest.
- Recommendations for future research on the reversibility of clinical death.
- Access for drug administration during cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Ischemic brain protection.
- Quality of bystander cardiopulmonary resuscitation influences outcome after prehospital cardiac arrest.
- Presbyterian Univ Hosp, Critical Care Medicine-Internal Medicine; Univ Of Pittsburgh Med Ctr, Anesthesiology
- PRESBYTERIAN UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
Dr. Nicholas G Bircher MD's Practice location
Pittsburgh, PA 15213Get Direction
Dr. Nicholas G Bircher MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bircher
- What is Age-Related Macular Degeneration?
Age-related macular degeneration is a common eye condition that affects macula, a small part at the back of the eye. Macula is the area of eye that helps us to differentiate the finer details. Damage to macula leads to gradual blurring of central vision. Macular degeneration impairs sharp vision and...
- Pink Eye vs. Allergies
IntroductionThe eye is one of the sensitive parts of the body, and it easily gets affected by any irritants such as microbes. Eyes turning red would be due to not getting enough sleep or not blinking enough in a day. In certain cases, it can also be a sign of some kind of infection or...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Etsuro Kenneth Motoyama4401 Penn Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224
- Dr. Karen R. Boretsky MD3705 5th Ave Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Till Conermann MD5124 Liberty Ave Pittsburgh PA 15224
- Dr. Jamey Elizabeth Eklund M.D.3471 5th Ave Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Jordan Graybill M.D.11234 Anderson St Loma Linda CA 92354
- Dr. Michael Suvick MD1000 Bower Hill Rd Pittsburgh PA 15243