Dr. Gurpreet Sandhu is a cardiologist practicing in Rochester, MN. Dr. Sandhu specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Sandhu also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Maulana Azad Med Coll- Univ Of Delhi- New Delhi- Delhi- India 1986
Maulana Azad Medical College 1986
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Interventional Cardiology; Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Cardiovascular Diseases; Univ Of Mn Med Sch, Internal Medicine
Gurpreet Singh Sandhu M.D.'s Practice location
Rochester, MN 55905Get Direction
Gurpreet Singh Sandhu M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Sons Can Inherit Heart Disease from Their Fathers
A recent study has shown that some of the genes present in the Y chromosome increases the chances of heart disease by as much as 50%. Men inherit a higher risk of cardiovascular diseases directly from their fathers. This adds to the increasing evidence as to why men are more susceptible to heart...
- What Should I Know About Blood Clots?
Blood flows continuously through blood vessels and supplies nutrients and oxygen to different parts of the body. At the site of an injury, a blood clot prevents excess bleeding. Under normal conditions, blood clots are lifesaving. When the clot is formed as a part of normal repair process in the...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- When Could Orthopnea Mean Something More Serious?
IntroductionOrthopnea is the medical term used when referring to the occurrence of dyspnea (shortness of breath) when you are lying flat. This symptom is often a sign of heart failure. However, orthopnea can also be due to other health conditions. Dyspnea (shortness of breath) is not the same with...
- Can Fatty Fish Reduce Your Risk of Heart Disease?
A recent study has shown that young women may benefit by having fatty fish, as it provides protection against heart disease and stroke. According to researcher Marin Strom, PhD, Statens Serum Institut in Copenhagen, Denmark, even a modest intake of fishes that provide omega-3 fatty acids provide...
- What are the Stages of Congestive Heart Failure?
Once a heart failure is diagnosed, it is evaluated. To commence the proper evaluation of heart failure, it is essential to share a complete and accurate history of what you are experiencing and what you have experienced so far with your doctor. Providing a complete and accurate history of your...
- Thomas W. Rooke M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Sudhir S Kushwaha M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- James J Milavetz MD5979 Fashion Blvd Salt Lake City UT 84107
- Nedaa Skeik MD920 E 28th St Minneapolis MN 55407
- Krishna M. Pamulapati M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Monique A Freund M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905