Dr. Richard Joseph Steel M.D.
Internist800 E Dove Ave Suite I Mcallen TX, 78504
Dr. Richard Steel has been the overseeing physician at Alliance In Health Diabetes Control Center for over five years. He is a fierce proponent of diabetic causes, and he's dedicated his life not only ...
Education and Training
Mexican-American University of the North 2001
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 2010
- Babesia and Ehrlichia seropositive horses temporarily imported into Australia.
- Temporary importation of Babesia and Ehrlichia seropositive horses into Australia.
- Lymphoid leucaemia in a dog after chemotherapy for mast cell sarcomas.
- Suspected naproxen toxicity in dogs.
- Retropharyngeal pain and swelling in a dog.
- Thiamine deficiency in a cat associated with the preservation of 'pet meat' with
- Diabetes Management
- Echo Cardiogram
- Ankle Brachial Index
- Lower extremity vascular evaluations
- Carotid Ultrasound
- Joint Injection
- Diabetic Neuropathy Tests
- Diabetes Care
- Memorial Health - University Medical Center Internal Medicine/Diabetes 2010
Experience & Accolades
- Founder/Medical Director2012Alliance In Health Diabetes Control Center
Dr. Richard Joseph Steel M.D.'s Practice location
Mcallen, TX 78504Get Direction
Dr. Richard Joseph Steel M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Steel
- Mary .
Would highly recommend....
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
- What Are Vaccines?
What is a vaccine?Vaccines are products that enable a person to develop immunity against certain diseases. A vaccine can be given through needle injections, by aerosol, or by mouth. The polio vaccine is given in the form of mouth drops that contain live but weakened organisms. The vaccine gets into...
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome Basic Facts
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is an abdominal disorder, which is characterized by pain, discomfort, interfered bowel habits (diarrhea and constipation), cramping, and bloating. Although IBS symptoms are persistent, there are many things that can be done to suppress its effects. IBS does not...
- What are Electronic Cigarettes?
First introduced in China, E-cigarettes, or electronic cigarettes, are devices that make nicotine vapors for inhaling. It is battery powered, and is a popular choice for people who do not want to inhale smoke that is in normal cigarettes. It is considered as an alternative for tobacco lovers as the...
- What Is Macerated Skin: Causes and Treatment
What is macerated skin?Maceration usually occurs when the skin comes in contact with moisture for a long period of time. Macerated skin appears white, wrinkly, and soggy. The skin also becomes soft, making it more susceptible to bacterial or fungal infections. In some cases, macerated skin can...
- Polydipsia: What Causes Excessive Thirst?
What is polydipsia?Polydipsia is a medical term given for extreme thirstiness. It is said to be one of the initial symptoms of diabetes. Polydipsia is also accompanied by either temporary or constant dryness in the mouth. It is very important to consume adequate amounts of water in a day, so that...
- Dr. Jose D. Bejarano M.D.5501 S McColl Rd Edinburg TX 78539
- Dr. Claudia C. Pierson M.D.1315 E 6th St Weslaco TX 78596
- Dr. Dona Cooper-Dockery MD801 E NOLANA AVE MCALLEN TX 78504
- Dr. Anu Swarup M.D.2121 East Griffin Pkwy Mission Texas 78572
- Dr. Hiram Tavarez MD801 South Main Street Mcallen Texas 78501
- Dr. Jose De jesus Martinez MD2121 E Griffin Pkwy Mission TX 78572