Dr. Katherine C Thompson M.D.
Dermatologist105 W Hospital Dr West Columbia SC, 29169
Dr. Katherine Thompson is a dermatologist practicing in West Columbia, SC. Dr. Thompson specializes in skin care. Dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Thompson diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Education and Training
Med Univ of Sc Coll of Med, Charleston Sc 1989
Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine 1989
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- Correlations in the chemical composition of rural background atmospheric aerosol in the UK determined in real time using time-of-flight mass spectrometry.
- Laser tweezers Raman study of optically trapped aerosol droplets of seawater and oleic acid reacting with ozone: implications for cloud-droplet properties.
- Properties of a new fluorescent cytosine analogue, pyrrolocytosine.
- Influence of base stacking and hydrogen bonding on the fluorescence of 2-aminopurine and pyrrolocytosine in nucleic acids.
- Evidence for a nonbase stacking effect for the environment-sensitive fluorescent base pyrrolocytosine--comparison with 2-aminopurine.
- The structure of cyanine 5 terminally attached to double-stranded DNA: implications for FRET studies.
- Oxidation of oleic acid at the air-water interface and its potential effects on cloud critical supersaturations.
- Environmental Pollutant Ozone Causes Damage to Lung Surfactant Protein B (SP-B).
- Changes to DPPC Domain Structure in the Presence of Carbon Nanoparticles.
- Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Contact Dermatitis
- Seborrheic Keratosis
- Sebaceous Cyst
- Natural Hormone Balancing
- Med Coll Of Ga Hosp & Cli, Dermatology; Med Univ Sc Coll Of Med, Internal Medicine
- Med College Of Ga Hospital and Cli
- Medical College of Georgia Program
Dr. Katherine C Thompson M.D.'s Practice location
West Columbia, SC 29169Get Direction
West Columbia, SC 29169Get Direction
Dr. Katherine C Thompson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Thompson
- Are Body Wraps Effective?
Body wraps, often referred to as body cocoons or body masks, are popular spa treatments heralded to have several uses depending on the material used for wrapping. A number of natural materials, like rosemary, clay, chocolate, eucalyptus, and honey, are used for the wrapping process. Different...
- Primary Cold Sore Infection: What Is It?
A primary cold sore infection is described as the first time that you are infected with the herpes simplex virus (HSV) that causes cold sores. The most common area affected is the mouth. The reason is that the moist inner skin is not resistant to the virus compared to the normal skin.Primary (or...
- Basics for Glowing Skin
Many of us become overwhelmed at the thought of the skincare routine necessary for glowing skin, including exfoliation, hydration, moisturization, and cleansing. But there are some simple steps that can help you protect and pamper your skin within minutes.Wash your skin every dayCleaning the skin...
- Is Scabies Contagious?
What is Scabies?Scabies is an infestation that is caused by the itch mite called Sarcoptes scabei. It is a variation of a subtype hominis. If these mites are not treated in a timely manner, then they can live on the skin for months. These mites reproduce on the surface of the skin and later burrow...
- Reasons Why You Need Laser Hair Removal
Are you sick of using razors, shaving creams, or waxing? Are you looking for a permanent and a better solution? Have you ever considered laser hair removal?Laser hair removal is a great and safe option for you, if you want to have hairless skin and smooth skin at the same time. The best thing yet is...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Acne?
Acne-related symptoms differ from one person to another. There may be painful, pus-filled lumps appearing underneath the surface of the skin, which are referred to as cystic lesions. Pimples occur as papules filled with pus at the tips. If you notice some open plugged pores in your skin, those are...
- Dr. Michelle Deann Welch M.D.346 W. Butler Street Lexington SC 29072
- Dr. Jon Raymond Morgan MD1706 Saint Julian Pl Columbia SC 29204
- Dr. Ann harriott Fisher Ervin MD1706 St. Julians Place Columbia SC 29204
- Dr. Carl Allen Johnson MD2610 Blossom St Columbia SC 29205
- Dr. Rebecca Lucas Clemenz M.D.7039 Saint Andrews Rd Columbia SC 29212
- Dr. Mark G Blaskis MD1706 Saint Julian Pl Columbia SC 29204