Dr. Alexander R. Irvine MD
OphthalmologistClinical Pharmacy 405 Irving Street San Francisco CA, 94143
Dr. Alexander Irvine is an ophthalmologist practicing in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Irvine specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Irvine can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Irvine can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 1964
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Visual and anatomic outcomes associated with posterior segment complications after ganciclovir implant procedures in patients with AIDS and cytomegalovirus retinitis.
- Indications for vitrectomy via the pars plana.
- Candida endophthalmitis: report of an unusual case with isolation of the etiologic agent by vitreous biopsy.
- Change in cell type of human choroidal malignant melanoma in tissue culture.
- Variations in normal human corneal endothelium; a preliminary report of pathologic human corneal endothelium.
- Exophthalmos from the standpoint of the ophthalmologist.
- Disc changes in glaucoma.
- Temporal arteritis; a clinical pathological report of two cases.
- The role of the endothelium in bullous keratopathy.
- Malignant melanoma of the bulbar conjuctiva.
- Nematode endophthalmitis: Toxocara canis: report of one case.
- Prepubertal intraocular malignant melanoma.
- The lens and vitreous.
- The lens and vitreous.
- Persistent hyperplastic vitreous associated with anterior rupture of the lens capsule.
- Jackson Mem Hosp/Jackson Hlth, Ophthalmology; Shands Hosp At Univ Of Fl, Ophthalmology; Moffitt Hosp Univ Of Ca, Ophthalmology; Strong Mem Hsp U Rochester, General Surgery
- Uc San Francisco Med Ctr
Dr. Alexander R. Irvine MD's Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94143Get Direction
Dr. Alexander R. Irvine MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Irvine
- What are the Pros and Cons of Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik eye surgery, short form for laser in situ keratomileusis, is the most exercised surgical option for correcting eye vision discrepancies in America. Its immense popularity has a lot to do with the significant vision improvement it brings about completely dispensing eyeglasses or contact lenses....
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Pink Eye?
Pink eye, or conjunctivitis, is a contagious eye condition caused by the inflammation and infection of the conjunctiva. The conjunctiva is the transparent membrane covering the white part of the eye and the eyeball. Infection and swelling of the the mucous membrane becomes reddish, and the entire...
- Should I Opt for Cataracts Surgery?
Cataracts is a cloudy area in the lens of the eye that blocks the light entering the eye, thus affecting vision. Surgery is one of the most common options to treat cataracts and improve vision. It is performed by an ophthalmologist and in most cases, is an outpatient procedure. Cataracts is an eye...
- What is Color Blindness?
Color blindness is not a real blindness but a deficiency in seeing colors. People having color blindness can’t distinguish between certain colors, like red and green, or blue and yellow. The red and green color deficiency is the most common type of this condition.What causes color blindness?It is...
- How is Conjunctivitis Contracted?
Conjunctivitis is a very common and unpleasant condition, especially for people that use contact lenses. Children can be equally affected by this disease, as well as adults. People who have conjunctivitis, also known as pink eye, can transmit the disease to their family or friends or anyone else...
- Diagnosing Cataracts: What You Need To Know
What are cataracts?When the lens located inside the human eye gets cloudy, it is called a cataract. A cataract in Latin means waterfall, thus describing what your vision with cataract is like; seeing through a waterfall. A cataract occurs as a result of the inability of the lens to allow sufficient...
- Dr. Rona Zel Silkiss M.D.400 29th Street Oakland California 94609
- Stephanie M. Po1635 Divisadero Street San Francisco California 94115
- Mr. Andrew George Iwach MD55 Stevenson St San Francisco CA 94105
- Dr. Gayle L Shimokaji MD1000 S Elisco Greenbrae CA 94904
- Dr. Sanjay Bansal M.D.3540 MENDOCINO AVENUE SANTA ROSA CA 95403
- Dr. Solomon Samuel Gelbart M.D.490 Post St San Francisco CA 94102