Dr. Erin Keenan is a speech language pathologist practicing in HIGHLANDS, NC. Dr. Keenan specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Keenan evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Keenan helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Erin Keenan's Practice location
HIGHLANDS, NC 28741Get Direction
Erin Keenan's reviewsWrite Review
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Mrs. Janaye Houghton MS, CCC SLP36 TEAL LN SYLVA NC 28779
- Ms. Nancy Rebecca baldwin Rogers M.S. CCC-SLP20 BROOKSHIRE LN FRANKLIN NC 28734
- Laura Hall Trivette SLPWESTERN CAROLINA UNIVERSITY CULLOWHEE NC 28723
- Ms. Patricia Davis M.S. CCC-SLP4121 LITTLE SAVANNAH RD CULLOWHEE NC 28723
- Bill Ogletree PH.D.G30 MCKEE BUILDING CULLOWHEE NC 28723
- Dr. Ruby Louise Drew PHDG30 KILLIAN BLDG LANE CULLOWHEE NC 28723