Dr. Theresa Fisher is a speech language pathologist practicing in PAINESVILLE, OH. Dr. Fisher specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Fisher evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Fisher helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Theresa M Fisher MACCC/SLP's Practice location
PAINESVILLE, OH 44077Get Direction
Theresa M Fisher MACCC/SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Amy Caldwell382 BLACKBROOK RD PAINESVILLE OH 44077
- Alexandra Walker470 CENTER ST BLDG 2 CHARDON OH 44024
- Erin Christine Naugle M.A. CCC-SLP28700 EUCLID AVE WICKLIFFE OH 44092
- Michelle Ann Ferrando SLP501 CHARDON WINDSOR RD CHARDON OH 44024
- Rebecca Leonti341 CHESTNUT ST PAINESVILLE OH 44077
- Bonnie Parmertor6477 CENTER ST MENTOR OH 44060