Dr. Oscar Hernandez is an internist practicing in Miami, FL. Dr. Hernandez specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Hernandez provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Oral Roberts Univ Sch of Med, Tulsa Ok 1986
Oral Roberts University
Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine 1986
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Kidney Stones
- High Cholesterol
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Disorders
- Birth Defects
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Vascular Disease
- Hurley Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Hurley Medical Center/Michigan State University Program
Dr. Oscar L. Hernandez MD's Practice location
Miami, FL 33186Get Direction
Miami, FL 33186Get Direction
Naranja, FL 33032Get Direction
Dr. Oscar L. Hernandez MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hernandez
What is lightheadedness?Lightheadedness or feeling faint may not always be a cause for concern. However, it may also indicate an underlying health problem and can increase the risk of falling and fall-related injuries. If you feel lightheaded, drink water or fluids containing electrolytes and take...
- How to Get Rid of a Boil: Homeopathic Treatment and Prevention
IntroductionA small bump on any part of the body is always a troublesome affair. Has anyone wondered whether it is just a boil or a pimple? Although the two often look so similar, they are actually two different things. A pimple and a boil may start out similarly, wherein there would be a reddish...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- The Right Way to Use Your Treadmill
The treadmill is one of the most popular workout equipment in the country. Yet, many people find the treadmill to be a monotonous and ineffective piece of equipment for workout. Some still wonder how they can use this equipment in a very efficient way to improve health. Calorie burning can be...
- Syphilis: If Left Untreated, What Happens to the Body?
What is Syphilis?Syphilis is a venereal disease that is transmitted through vaginal, anal, or oral sexual contact. It can also be passed from a pregnant mother to her unborn baby, or from an infected blood donor to a person who receives the blood contaminated with syphilitic bacteria through a...
- What Are the Treatment Options Available for Bronchitis?
Bronchitis is a condition that occurs due to the inflammation of the bronchial tubes. There are two types of bronchitis: acute and chronic. Acute bronchitis is usually caused by a viral infection or in some cases, 10 percent by a bacterial infection. Chronic bronchitis, on the other hand, is a...
- Dr. Homero G. Rivero M.D.7980 Coral Way Miami Florida 33155
- Dr. Alejandro Loynaz MD2601 Southwest 37th Avenue Miami Florida 33133
- Dr. Teresa B. Alfonso M.D.6498 Coral Way Miami Florida 33155
- Dr. Teresa Martinez M.D7811 Coral Way Miami Florida 33155
- Richard A. Elias MD3801 Biscayne Boulevard Miami Florida 33137
- Dr. Odalys Pilar Frontela Vivas M.D.801 West 48th Street Hialeah Florida 33012