Dr. David Banks is an anesthesiologist practicing in Arlington, VA. Dr. Banks ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Banks also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Univ of Ut Sch of Med, Salt Lake Cty Ut 1988
University of Utah School of Medicine 1988
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Wake Forest U Baptist Med Ctr, Anesthesiology; Univ Of Ut Med Ctr, General Surgery
Dr. David Banks M.D's Practice location
Arlington, VA 22205Get Direction
Dr. David Banks M.D's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Banks
- Can Supplements and Vitamins Help with Alzheimer’s Disease?
Alzheimer’s disease is heartbreaking, and any suggestions or help is welcomed. There is no cure for Alzheimer’s and only a few medications are available for patients to ease the symptoms of the disease. It is a given that proper nutrition supports your brain and body function, plus vitamins and...
- Is Restless Legs Syndrome Chronic?
Restless legs syndrome is not chronic. RLS is a neurological movement disorder of the limbs. It is usually associated with sleep disruptions. Patients with RLS will usually report strange sensations, such as an urge to move their leg. This can become very bothersome, which can lead to physical as...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Mary K. Craddock MEDICAL DOCTOR5550 Friendship Blvd. Chevy Chase Maryland 20815
- Dr. Ali H. Nagia M.D.2280 Opitz Boulevard Woodbridge Virginia 22191
- Dr. Monica L. Wallace MD10810 Connecticut Avenue Kensington MD 20895
- Dr. Martin J. Harssema M.D.509 N Pitt St Alexandria Virginia 22314
- Dr. Levi Pearson M.D.1055 Little Patuxent Parkway Columbia Maryland 21044
- Dr. Kumudhini Hendrix MD3800 Reservoir Road Northwest Washington District of Columbia 20007