Dr. Leah Stein is a speech language pathologist practicing in WOODMERE, NY. Dr. Stein specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Stein evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Stein helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Leah Stein SLP's Practice location
WOODMERE, NY 11598Get Direction
Mrs. Leah Stein SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- Ms. Joan Diane Kamerman SLP14737 CHARTER RD JAMAICA NY 11435
- Feigi Halberstam Other1651 Coney Island Ave Brooklyn NY 11230
- Ms. Renee Yvette Banks CCC-SLP11520 142ND ST SOUTH OZONE PARK NY 11436
- Dr. Anna Cintron abenis M.S., PSY.D.1225 Gerard Avenue Bronx NY 10452
- Ms. Kira Mcginnis MA, CCC-SLP201 CONSELYEA ST BROOKLYN NY 11211
- Ms. Marcy Marie Shaw100 MARION ST LYNBROOK NY 11563