Dr. Anita C. Steephen M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology4370 Medical Arts Dr Suite 295 Flower Mound TX, 75028
Dr. Anita Steephen was born and raised in India, but has lived in the United States for the past 18 years. She completed medical school in Bangalore, India, where she graduated with honors. Dr. Steephen ...
Education and Training
Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute 1982
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- Vascular Disease
- Louis a Weiss Mem Hospital
- Wayne State University School of Medicine Program
Dr. Anita C. Steephen M.D.'s Practice location
Flower Mound, TX 75028Get Direction
Dr. Anita C. Steephen M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Steephen
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Silent Reflux?
Silent reflux, or laryngopharyngeal reflux, is similar to gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), however, it lacks the characteristic symptoms of GERD. Both conditions are caused by contents from the stomach moving backward into the esophagus. As the typical symptoms of gastric reflux are lacking...
- How Constipation Affects Women
Constipation is a very common condition that can affect everyone at some point in their lives. However, women are more commonly affected than men and the frequency of constipation cases increases with age. Constipation may be a frequent problem for some people, which may require medical...
- Study Finds Link Between Celiac Disease and Anorexia in Women
A recent study has found that celiac disease and anorexia are often linked and shared similar symptoms, in more than a few ways.The similarities between these conditions are physical in appearance, making it difficult to discern without medical consolation. To an untrained professional, anorexia...
- Immunosuppressive Drugs for Crohn's Disease
Crohn’s disease is an autoimmune disorder. Due to this disorder, the gastrointestinal tract is affected, and the lining of the digestive system is inflamed. Usually, it affects the colon, although it may affect any part. Ulcers, fistulas, or even cracks can develop in the intestine. This can block...
- Black Stool: What Does It Mean?
What does a black stool indicate?A black or dark red-colored stool is called tarry or bloody stools. However, passing dark-colored stools is not always caused by serious problems. One of the most common causes of black stools is the consumption of iron supplements, particularly in people who have...
- Celiac Disease Patients do not Experience More Depression
A new study found that those with celiac disease are no longer more likely to become depressed or experience sleep difficulty as compared to the whole population. This new study was based on a national health survey. The study also showed that people who observe gluten-free diet and have not been...
- Dr. Cherian Abraham M.D.4375 Booth Calloway Rd North Richland Hills TX 76180
- Dr. Rassa Shahidzadeh M.D.4708 Alliance Blvd Plano TX 75093
- Dr. Alexi Michael Mantas M.D.7777 Forest Lane Dallas TX 75225
- Dr. Eric M Hill MD4220 Harding Rd Nashville TN 37205
- Dr. Brian K Cooley M.D.1600 Coit Rd Plano TX 75075
- Dr. Paulino Rivera-torres MD701 Tuscan Drive Irving TX 75039