Dr. Robert Gelber is an internist practicing in San Rafael, CA. Dr. Gelber specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Gelber provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Washington Univ Sch Of Med- St Louis Mo 1966
Washington University of Health and Sciences 1966
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Long-term efficacy of 2 year WHO multiple drug therapy (MDT) in multibacillary (MB) leprosy patients.
- A clinical trial of pefloxacin and ofloxacin in lepromatous leprosy.
- The relapse rate in MB leprosy patients treated with 2-years of WHO-MDT is not low.
- A clinical trial of ethionamide and prothionamide for treatment of lepromatous leprosy.
- Methods for the classification of leprosy for treatment purposes.
- Use of protein antigens for early serological diagnosis of leprosy.
- Powerful bactericidal activity of moxifloxacin in human leprosy.
- A comparative clinical trial in multibacillary leprosy with long-term relapse rates of four different multidrug regimens.
- Rapid killing of M. leprae by moxifloxacin in two patients with lepromatous
- The efficacy of a four-week, ofloxacin-containing regimen compared with standard WHO-MDT in PB leprosy.
- Reactions following completion of 1 and 2 year multidrug therapy (MDT).
- Does clofazimine prevent erythema nodosum leprosum (ENL) in leprosy? A retrospective study, comparing the experience of multibacillary patients receiving either 12 or 24 months WHO-MDT.
- The activity of several newer antimicrobials against logarithmically multiplying M. leprae in mice.
- The chemotherapy of leprosy: an interpretive history.
- Moffitt Hosp Univ Of Ca, Infectious Diseases; Moffitt Hosp Univ Of Ca, Internal Medicine; Nyu Hospitals Center, Internal Medicine
Dr. Robert Heller Gelber MD's Practice location
San Rafael, CA 94901Get Direction
Dr. Robert Heller Gelber MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Does My Diet Raise My Risk of Getting Appendicitis?
The appendix found in the human body was long the subject of debate among doctors all over the world in their journals and reviews. However, very few of these debates have turned out to be worthy of serious consideration because the majority of doctors have conceded the fact that the appendix serves...
- Polydipsia: Excessive Thirst Causes and Symptoms
What is polydipsia?Polydipsia is the medical term for excessive thirst. It is usually regarded as one of the initial symptoms of diabetes.It is normal to feel thirsty, especially after workouts and strenuous activities. It is quite important for people to drink the recommended amount of water per...
- Why do I have Chronic Fatigue?
“People often come to doctors because of chronic tiredness. It is one of the most common complaints that bring them to the doctor”, says J. Fred Ralston Jr., MD, an internist practicing in western Tennessee and past president of the American College of Physicians. Ralston adds that there are...
- Low-Density Lipoprotein
IntroductionTo maintain good health, balanced cholesterol levels are quite important. The liver is an organ that detoxifies drugs and other foreign substances. It also stores glycogen, which the body utilizes for energy. Other important functions of the liver include metabolizing carbohydrates,...
- Kimchi's Health Benefits and More
Kimchi is a Korean side dish made with salted and fermented vegetables. This Korean staple side dish usually has cabbage, radish, garlic, ginger, and various seafood, with spices and seasonings. In the past, kimchi was stored in jars and buried in the ground to stay at a certain temperature suitable...
- Can Vaccinations Make My Infant Sleep Better?
Getting your child vaccinated in the afternoon will help him or her to sleep better in the following 24 hours, according to a new study. The study reports that infants who were vaccinated after 1:30 in the afternoon could sleep longer the following day.A small variation in the body temperature is...
- Dr. Claudine J.M. Aguilera M.D.581 Rosal Ave Oakland CA 94610
- Dr. Anita C. Gaind M.D.106 La Casa Via Walnut Creek CA 94598
- Dr. Matthew Campbell M.D.350 John Muir Parkway Brentwood California 94513
- Dr. Carolyn Petersen M.D.1001 Bridgeway Sausalito California 94965
- Dr. Cynthia A. Point MD2250 Hayes Street San Francisco California 94117
- Dr. Tet Toe MD1411 E 31st St Oakland CA 94602