Dr. John Moore is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Columbia, SC. Dr. Moore specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Moore can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Moore can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Tulane Univ Sch of Med, New Orleans La 1989
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Duke Univ Med Ctr, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- Duke U/Duke University Med Center 1990
Dr. John H Moore MD's Practice location
Columbia, SC 29201Get Direction
COLUMBIA, SC 29201Get Direction
Dr. John H Moore MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Ovarian Cancer: Why Do I Need a Hysterectomy?
Ovarian cancer is one of the most common cancers in women. Known to rapidly grow, the cancer can progress from early to advanced stages within a year. Therefore, many a times, the patient reaches the doctor only at the very end.To be diagnosed with ovarian cancer means that you are at a very high...
- 5 Tips on Living with Ovarian Cancer
Ovarian cancer is a very serious condition. Sadly, in a decent amount of cases, this horrible disease has a fatal outcome. That’s why people who are suffering from ovarian cancer should really take this illness seriously. The most important thing you need to remember is to visit your doctor much...
- What is Endometriosis?
Endometriosis is a medical condition characterized by an implantation and growth of the endometrial tissue outside of the uterus. It affects women of the reproductive age, usually between 25-years-old and 40-years-old. Endometriosis is never diagnosed in girls before puberty and it tends to resolve...
- Recovery from a Gastric Bypass Surgery
Gastric bypass surgery can provide a long-term weight loss. For most people, they lose about 10 to 20 pounds each month within the first year after surgery. Over time, the weight loss continues. More weight is expected to be lost when the patient seriously commits to the diet and exercise since the...
- Is Gastric Bypass Effective for Weight Loss?
A new study that was published in the journal, Archives of Surgery, shows that gastric banding may not be as effective as gastric bypass surgery in regards to weight loss. Gastric banding is considered to be safer and simpler than gastric bypass surgery, and many overweight and obese people are...
- Pink Chair Project Celebrates Survivors of Breast Cancer
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among American women, with the exception of skin cancers. It is also the second leading cause of death among women, after lung cancer. The American Cancer Society estimates that there are over 3.1 million breast cancer survivors in the United States,...
- Dr. Oluseyi K. Ogunleye MD1228 Harden St Columbia SC 29204
- Dr. Charles F Shipley MD2728 Sunset Blvd. West Columbia SC 29169
- Dr. Sherri Kearise Taylor M.D.2 MEDICAL PARK RD STE 106 COLUMBIA SC 29203
- Dr. Rodney Briggs MD2 MEDICAL PARK RD STE 106 COLUMBIA SC 29203
- Dr. Elizabeth W Boggs MD9 Richland Medical Park Dr Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Nicholas S. Fogelson M.D.2 Medical Park Columbia SC 29203