Dr. Jerry D Peterie MD
Infectious Disease Specialist | Infectious Disease1100 N Saint Francis St Suite 130 Wichita KS, 67214
Dr. Jerry Peterie is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Wichita, KS. Dr. Peterie specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
Univ of Ks Sch of Med, Kansas City Ks 1975
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- A comparison of the safety, timing and cost-effectiveness of administering antibiotics by intravenous bolus (push) versus intravenous piggyback (slow infusion) in surgical prophylaxis.
- Itraconazole treatment of phaeohyphomycosis.
- Sucralfate significantly reduces ciprofloxacin concentrations in serum.
- Vancomycin and the "red man's syndrome".
- Phlebitis associated with vancomycin therapy.
- Postinfusion phlebitis after intravenous push versus intravenous piggyback
- Altered vancomycin dose vs. serum concentration relationship in burn patients.
- Optimal cefotaxime dosing for gram-negative bacteremia: effective trough serum bactericidal titers and drug concentrations 8 and 12 hr after 1- or 2-gm infusions.
- Treatment of central nervous system fungal infection with ketoconazole.
- Toxic shock syndrome in menstruating women.
- Probable interspousal transmission of Staphylococcus aureus resulting in joint infection after total knee arthroplasty. A report of two cases.
- Univ Ks Sch Of Med, Infectious Diseases; Univ Ks Sch Of Med, Internal Medicine
Dr. Jerry D Peterie MD's Practice location
Wichita, KS 67214Get Direction
Dr. Jerry D Peterie MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Peterie
- What Causes Cholera?
Cholera is an acute diarrheal disease that causes thousands of deaths each year and inflicts tremendous pain in areas where it has been reported. This infection is a great menace that has been disturbing humankind. However, it does not mean that cholera is everywhere or that it cannot be treated...
- What Is Pneumocystis Carinii Pneumonia?
Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP) is a very serious disease, which is characterized by a fluid buildup and inflammation in the lungs. This lung infection is caused by the fungus Pneumocystis jiroveci. It is an opportunistic disease that usually infects immunosuppressed individuals, especially...
- Chlamydia in Men
What is chlamydia?Chlamydia is one of the most widespread sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) in the United States. It is caused by the bacteria Chlamydia trachomatis. Chlamydia infection is more or less like gonorrhea in terms of its symptoms and format of spreading from one person to the other....
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Infectious Disease Experts Tell Us What to Expect From the Coronavirus
The deadly coronavirus that began as a handful of infections in China and exponentially multiplied around the globe has become one of the largest news stories of the decade.With almost 100,000 cases of COVID-19 confirmed and over 3,000 deaths, the world is struggling on how to contain the virus and...
- How Does Borrelia burgdorferi Cause Lyme Disease?
Lyme disease is a bacterial infection caused by Borrelia burgdorferi. This disease can be transmitted to humans in three ways. They include:...
- Dr. Valerie A Creswell MD1100 N Saint Francis St Wichita KS 67214
- Dr. Zartash Zafar Khan MD1100 N Saint Francis St Wichita KS 67214
- Dr. Keck R Hartman MD848 N Saint Francis St Wichita KS 67214
- Dr. Lawrence L Pelletier MD5500 E Kellogg Dr Wichita KS 67218
- Dr. Margaret E Hagan MD848 N Saint Francis St Wichita KS 67214
- Dr. Maha A Assi MD1100 N Saint Francis St Wichita KS 67214