Dr. Barbara Mayers is a psychologist practicing in Aptos, CA. Dr. Mayers specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Mayers evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Mayers because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Barbara Susan Mayers PH.D.'s Practice location
Aptos, CA 95003Get Direction
Barbara Susan Mayers PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How Depression Leads to COPD Medication Non-Adherence
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a progressive disease that still does not have a cure. The World Health Organization predicts that COPD will become the fourth leading cause of death worldwide by 2030. The predominant cause for COPD is tobacco smoking. Most symptoms are irreversible,...
- Autism: A Life-Saving Database
One of the biggest concerns facing families of children or adults with autism or Alzheimer’s disease is how to prevent wandering. ...
- Why Is the Cause of Multiple Sclerosis Unknown?
It is a challenging experience for a doctor to break the news of the disease to a patient suffering from multiple sclerosis (MS) as the cause of the disease is unknown.Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disease where the immune system attacks its tissues. It is a progressive neurological disorder....
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- 5 Major Health Concerns for Women
According to Saralyn Mark, MD, senior adviser for the Office of Women's Health at the US Department of Health and Human Services, it is important for women to consult with their doctor to discuss their family medical history, to prepare for what they may encounter in their lifetime. Women must be...
- This Program Invites Families Affected by Autism to Go Out to Eat
A child throwing a fit in a restaurant is a nightmare for all parents. For parents of children with autism, this can be a more frequent reality.Autism Eats is in its third year of inviting families affected by autism to enjoy a restaurant dinner. Here, it is okay if a child has a meltdown. Any...
- Dr. Diane Bridgeman PH.D.1362 Pacific Avenue Santa Cruz California 95060
- Dr. Richard Brian Mahan PH.D.110 N. Santa Cruz Avenue Los Gatos CA 95030
- Dr. Lori Riggio Moorhead PH.D.5369 CAMDEN AVE STE 230 SAN JOSE CA 95124
- Dr. Ruth Nevo PH.D5755 Cottle Rd San Jose CA 95123
- Dr. Sheri Anselmi PH.D.406 MAIN ST WATSONVILLE CA 95076
- Dr. Tracy Lynn Chapman PSY.D.5755 Cottle Rd San Jose CA 95123