Dr. Peter Nicholas is an ophthalmologist practicing in Greensboro, NC. Dr. Nicholas specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Nicholas can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Nicholas can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Infectious Disease
Dr. Peter C Nicholas MD PHD's Practice location
Greensboro, NC 27401Get Direction
DURHAM, NC 27710Get Direction
Dr. Peter C Nicholas MD PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Pros and Cons of Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik eye surgery, short form for laser in situ keratomileusis, is the most exercised surgical option for correcting eye vision discrepancies in America. Its immense popularity has a lot to do with the significant vision improvement it brings about completely dispensing eyeglasses or contact lenses....
- What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of LASIK Eye Surgery?
LASIK, or laser in situ keratomileusis, is a very popular surgical procedure to correct and improve vision, and reduces an individual's dependence on contact lenses and glasses. It is a very common refractive surgical procedure to correct different types of vision issues, including nearsightedness,...
- What Causes Cataracts, and What Can Be Done to Fix Them?
When the lens of the eye becomes clouded, it is deemed to be cataract. This is the leading cause of vision loss in people over the age of 40, and cataracts are responsible for the majority of blindness across the globe. Over 22 million Americans over the age of 40 are currently affected by...
- How is Conjunctivitis Diagnosed?
Nowadays, many people self-diagnose and use alternative methods to cure themselves of illnesses. They research on the internet, looking for the right fit for the symptoms they are experiencing. They then look up the treatment options for the condition they believe they have, often opting for...
- Tay-Sachs Disease in Children
IntroductionHealthy infants tend to achieve their growth and development milestones in a timely manner. They also develop their vision, hearing, movement, and other types of vital functions because certain enzymes clear out fatty protein as well as other unwanted elements that can hinder normal...
- Rosacea: What is Light Therapy and Why is it Used?
Rosacea is a chronic skin condition that mainly affects women past their 30s. According to the National Rosacea Society, approximately 16 million people in the US alone are affected with rosacea. It is a very common problem, especially among fair-skinned people. Rosacea causes redness over your...
- Dr. Timothy Randolph Bevis MD1002 N Church St Greensboro NC 27401
- Dr. Sandya Thimmappa Cohen M.D.1317 N Elm St Greensboro NC 27401
- Dr. Robert John Davanzo MD307 N. Lindsay St High Point NC 27262
- Dr. William O Young MD1305 C West Wendover Avenue Greensboro NC 27408
- Dr. Harold N Jacklin MD1014 North Elm Street Greensboro NC 27401
- Dr. Robert Lanier Groat M.D.1317 N Elm St Greensboro NC 27401