Dr. Sarah Saldana is a speech language pathologist practicing in BEAUMONT, TX. Dr. Saldana specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Saldana evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Saldana helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Sarah Ashley Saldana M.S. CCC-SLP's Practice location
BEAUMONT, TX 77701Get Direction
Sarah Ashley Saldana M.S. CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Mary E Touchstone SLP2750 S 8TH ST BEAUMONT TX 77701
- Mr. Theresa Lynn Strawser MS, CCC-SLP1075 STACEWOOD DR BEAUMONT TX 77706
- Mrs. Meagan Yvonne Dungan M.S., CCC-SLP5275 WILLOWBEND LN LUMBERTON TX 77657
- Mandy D Hunt M.S. CCC-SLP655 S 8TH ST BEAUMONT TX 77701
- Mrs. Jennifer Lefler Napier CCC-SLP, MA6755 PHELAN BLVD STE 38 BEAUMONT TX 77706
- Mrs. Teri Lynn Travis MSCCCSLP160 DOWLEN RD BEAUMONT TX 77706