Dr. Leonard Marcus is a psychiatrist practicing in Randolph, MA. Dr. Marcus is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Marcus diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Marcus may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Marcus treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Boston Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1985
Boston University School of Medicine 1985
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Adjustment Disorder
- Mass Mntl Hlth Ctr, Psychiatry; Metrowest M C-Framinghm Union, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center Program
Dr. Leonard S Marcus MD's Practice location
Randolph, MA 02368Get Direction
Dr. Leonard S Marcus MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Marcus
- How Common is Binge-Eating Disorder?
Individuals with Binge eating disorder (BED) experience episodes of binge eating or excess eating. They may also skip meals constantly, but they will not purge after binges. Although not always, the condition can eventually cause significant weight gain. Most people with BED try to hide their binge...
- What Does Trypophobia Do to the Brain?
Trypophobia is a term that was created way back to refer to a certain kind of phobia. It is not an official name and you can’t even find it in the official list of phobias. However, the kind of phobia that this term is used to refer to is as real and as natural as it gets. That should explain why...
- What Is Vistaril Used For?
What is Vistaril (hydroxyzine)?Vistaril is a medication used to reduce central nervous system activity. It is an antihistamine drug that can help reduce the effects of histamine in the body and relieve symptoms of allergy, such as histamine-induced itch, hives, and contact dermatitis.Vistaril is...
- St. John's Wort: Benefits, Uses, Dosage, and Side Effects
St. John's wort is basically a plant which existed only in Europe, but today the plant can be found in USA and also some parts of Canada. The plant has oval-shaped leaves and golden-yellow flowers. The plant is attractive to look at having colorful petals and the colors of the flower are a mixed of...
- Is ADHD Lifelong?
ADHD is often regarded as a childhood disorder. ADHD patients are usually inattentive, impulsive, and hyperactive. About 60% of these children will experience the condition throughout their entire life. In the US, more than 4% of the adults are living with ADHD. Unfortunately, a bigger fraction of...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Dr. Richard Chasin M.D.2 Appleton St Cambridge MA 02138
- Dr. Ruxandra Carp M.D.1 Mt Vernon St Winchester Massachusetts 01890
- Robert D. Mehlman14 Netherlands Road Brookline Massachusetts 02445
- Dr. Benjamin Silverman MD345 Boylston Street Newton Massachusetts 02459
- Dr. Lyudmila Rakita MD1342 Belmont St Brockton Massachusetts 02301
- Dr. Tilottoma Mukherjee MD38 Crafts Street Newton Massachusetts 02458