Dr. Robert Landry is a nephrologist practicing in Baton Rouge, LA. Dr. Landry specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Landry most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
La State Univ Sch of Med In New Orleans, New Orleans La 1997
Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans 1997
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Nephrology
- Univ Of Va Med Ctr, Nephrology; Earl K Long Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- University of Virginia Program
Dr. Robert P Landry MD's Practice location
Baton Rouge, LA 70808Get Direction
Dr. Robert P Landry MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How Do Kidney Stones Develop?
Kidney stones are a condition that affects around 15 percent of the world's population. For reasons unknown, the condition's prevalence has increased over the last 30 years. Kidney stones more often affect men than women. What are kidney stones?Kidney stones or renal lithiasis is the formation of...
- 5 Tips on Living with Kidney Stones
According to scientific research, around 15% of the world’s population is living with kidney stones. Among these people, 20% are men while 5% are women. Kidney stones is a condition which is very common especially in men. It is also among the most painful infections since it affects the urinary...
- What Causes Blood to Show Up in Urine?
Hematuria is the phenomenon in which traces of blood appear in the urine. It presents a unique problem because it is not a disease in itself. It is not infectious, nor is it capable of threatening a life. It is merely a warning sign that something is wrong inside the body. Though frightening in...
- What Is Rhabdomyolysis: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
IntroductionRhabdomyolysis is a complex medical condition that involves a rapid destruction of the skeletal muscle tissues along with the release of muscle proteins and other muscle cell contents to leak outside of the cells and into the bloodstream. This leakage includes the following muscle...
- Will My Kidney Stones Result in Future Kidney Problems?
A kidney stone is a condition that occurs when the minerals and salts present in the urine become concentrated in high levels and eventually tend to crystallize. These crystallized formations can be seen as stones, and they often stick together. Kidney stones mostly form in the kidney. They start as...
- Causes of Epilepsy
Epilepsy, also classified as seizure disorder, is a neurological disorder affecting the nervous system. A seizure is the result of electrical activity disturbance in the brain.There is no single cause for epilepsy for about half of the population with this condition. In other cases, the cause of...
- Dr. Jhumka Ghosh-Narang M.D.9001 Summa Avenue Baton Rouge LA 70809
- Dr. Amin Kamyar M.D.9001 Summa Ave Baton Rouge LA 70809
- Dr. James E Yegge MD5131 Odonovan Dr Baton Rouge LA 70808
- Dr. Mahesh Reddy Basireddy MD5131 Odonovan Dr Baton Rouge LA 70808
- Dr. William Britton Murrill MD5131 Odonovan Dr Baton Rouge LA 70808
- Dr. Matthew Foy M.D.5825 Airline Hwy Baton Rouge LA 70805