Dr. Joseph Jenrette practices Radiation Oncology in Charleston, SC. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Jenrette specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Education and Training
Med Univ of Sc Coll of Med, Charleston Sc 1979
Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine 1979
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Interparenchymal hemorrhagic neurocytoma: an atypical presentation of a rare CNS tumor.
- Desmoid tumors in a woman with idiopathic multicentric osteolysis: result of three etiologic factors or coincidence?
- Fetal dose during radiotherapy: clinical implementation and review of the literature.
- Vulvar cancer in a patient with Fanconi's anemia, treated with 3D conformal radiotherapy.
- Outcome of radiation therapy for renal transplant rejection refractory to chemical immunosuppression.
- Chest wall dose in MammoSite breast brachytherapy: radiobiologic estimations of late complication risk based on dose-volume considerations.
- Delayed skin toxicity in MammoSite breast brachytherapy.
- Predictors of cosmetic outcome following MammoSite breast brachytherapy: a single-institution experience of 100 patients with two years of follow-up.
- Definitive radiotherapy for medically inoperable early-stage serous and clear cell uterine carcinoma.
- Radiation therapy for palliation of Eisenmenger's syndrome-associated painful splenomegaly.
- The role of radiotherapy in the management of resected uterine papillary serous and clear cell carcinoma.
- Incidence and prognostic factors for seroma development after MammoSite breast brachytherapy.
- Patient satisfaction and quality of life after MammoSite breast brachytherapy.
- Late chest wall toxicity after MammoSite breast brachytherapy.
- A case of orbital Rosai-Dorfman disease responding to radiotherapy.
- Prostate Cancer
- Throat Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Brain Tumor
- Lung Cancer
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Trident Medical Center/Medical University of South Carolina Program
Dr. Joseph M Jenrette MD's Practice location
Dr. Joseph M Jenrette MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Stage 4 Bladder Cancer?
Stage 4 bladder cancer is a bladder cancer that has spread through the bladder wall. In this stage, cancer has also invaded the lymph nodes, abdominal wall, and other body organs. This type of cancer is also known as "metastatic" bladder cancer.Stage 4 bladder cancer applies to bladder cancer that...
- Radiation Therapy vs Chemotherapy
Radiation TherapyIn this method, the doctors will use gamma rays, x-rays, and charged particles that will be directed at, implanted, or introduced directly into the blood stream. In this form of treatment, you will find the three types of therapy that will all be described according to way they...
- All About Radiation Treatment for Breast Cancer
Continuous advancements in diagnostic and treatment methods have made breast cancer go from being a death sentence to being something that can be treated effectively for many women. Generally, breast cancer treatment falls into the categories of surgery, chemotherapy, biologic therapies, and...
- She Survived Breast Cancer, But Says a Treatment Side Effect Almost Killed Her
In 2014, 47-year-old Virginia Harrod found a lump in her breast, which was actually stage III breast cancer. She was immediately started on shock-and-awe chemotherapy, but as it turned out, the cancer was chemo-resistant and the tumor only grew with each treatment. Harrod then underwent a double...
- Radiotherapy for Cervical Cancer
Radiotherapy is a treatment that involves high-energy X-rays or particles, which kill cancerous cells. It is sometimes used to treat non-cancerous tumors. Studies have shown that almost half of people with cancer receive radiotherapy as a part of their treatment plan.The type of radiotherapy to be...
- Reasons Why You Need a Radiation Therapy
Radiation therapy is one of the several treatment methods available for cancer. It is used to treat many different types of cancer. At least half of the patients with cancer receive radiation therapy during their cancer treatment. Radiation therapy can be used as the main treatment for your cancer...
- Dr. James H Brashears MD169 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29403
- Mr. Robert Ray Reynolds M.D.169 Ashley Avenue Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. Kelly Elizabeth Orwat M.D.169 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. Joshua K Mondschein MD316 CALHOUN ST CHARLESTON SC 29401
- Dr. Ryan Matthew Rhome MD, PHD169 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425
- Mr. Clinton Amos Medbery M.D.535 WAMPLER DR CHARLESTON SC 29412