Dr. Susanne Dowdall is a psychologist practicing in Wellesley Hills, MA. Dr. Dowdall specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Dowdall evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Dowdall because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Susanne G. Dowdall PH.D.'s Practice location
Wellesley Hills, MA 02481Get Direction
Dr. Susanne G. Dowdall PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Behavioral and Emotional Meltdowns in Children with Autism
Parents of children with autism sometimes need to deal with physical and/or emotional outbursts. They could be out-of-control aggressive episodes which include screaming, shouting and crying. They may escalate into kicking, lashing out, and even biting.These episodes are not ‘temper tantrums’,...
- Why Is It That Some Children With Autism Find It Difficult To Recognize Faces?
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), around 1 in every 160 children has an autism spectrum disorder (ASD). ASD refers to a developmental disorder characterized by varying degrees of impaired social interaction, disturbances in communication and language, as well as repetitive...
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack?
Also considered as a mini stroke, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) has symptoms similar to that of a stroke, but lasting only for a short period of time, without causing any permanent damage. TIA is often caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain by a blood clot. Once the blood flow is...
- Understanding Clinical Depression
Clinical depression is a serious medical illness that negatively affects how an individual feels, thinks, and how he or she acts. Depression varies from mild to severe, and in certain instances the individual can experience temporary episodes of sadness.Clinical depression is also known as major...
- The Proven Benefits of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Autism
When it comes to children with autism, parents need to have resources to guide them into better coping mechanisms and strategies for communication. New research has shown that parents are improving feelings of anxiety and sadness by joining their children in therapy, cognitive behavior...
- What Is the Difference Between Depression and Anxiety?
Understanding the difference between depression and anxiety is not an easy task, as mental health conditions are far more complicated. The most common mental illnesses are depression, anxiety, and substance use disorder. It is common for these three types of mental illnesses to occur in combination....
- Marian Kaplun Shapiro17 Lantern Lane Lexington Massachusetts 02421
- Dr. Justin Hill PH.D.12600 Hill Country Blvd Bee Cave TX 78738
- Dr. James A. Manganello PH.D.9 Grapevine Ave Lexington MA 02421
- Dr. Luanna E Devenis PH.D.76 Bedford Street Lexington Massachusetts 02420-4641
- Dr. Janice R. Levine PH.D.76 Bedford Street Lexington MA 02420
- Dr. Jayne Marie Singer PH.D.300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115