Dr. Herbert Derman is a pathologist practicing in Hilton Head Island, SC. Dr. Derman is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Derman can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Derman may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
- Va Hosp
Dr. Herbert Derman MD's Practice location
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Get Direction
Dr. Herbert Derman MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- What is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever?
Dengue fever is a more common and typical viral disease spread largely through the Aedes Aegypti mosquito and to some extent by the Aedes Albopictus mosquito. Initially rampant in more tropical and temperate countries, the disease gradually spread to other zones as populations started migrating to...
- How Does Dengue Fever Spread?
Dengue Fever is Caused by a VirusDengue fever is a viral disease common to tropical and subtropical countries where the weather is hot and humid for long stretches of the year. There are four strains of the virus - all belonging to the same family - that infect humans with dengue fever. A fifth...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Weijian Zhu MD122 Riverwalk Blvd Ridgeland SC 29936
- Dr. Joseph William Black MD25 Hospital Center Blvd Hilton Head Island SC 29926
- Dr. Jeremy J Parris M.D.1510 Ribaut Rd Port Royal SC 29935
- Dr. James Michael Keller M.D.122 Riverwalk Blvd. Ridgeland SC 29936
- Dr. Roger James Sorg D.O.15 Northridge Dr Hilton Head Island SC 29926
- Dr. Charles Thomas Lucas MD25 Hospital Center Blvd Hilton Head Island SC 29926