Dr. Christine Smith is a psychiatrist practicing in Portland, OR. Dr. Smith is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Smith diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Smith may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Smith treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans 1983
Dr. Christine Smith MD's Practice location
Portland, OR 97210Get Direction
Dr. Christine Smith MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), also known as chronic anxiety neurosis, is a condition characterized by excessive anxiety and worry about common occurrences and everyday life events. It’s quite normal to feel anxious when there is a reason to worry, such as financial instability. However, a...
- 5 Reasons You May Be Nauseous After Eating
Nausea is an uncomfortable feeling and a cause for concern if it constantly occurs. It can be a warning sign of disease or a medical condition that may require immediate attention. However, not all cases of nausea are a sign of an underlying illness. There are numerous reasons that an individual can...
- What Does Trypophobia Do to the Brain?
Trypophobia is a term that was created way back to refer to a certain kind of phobia. It is not an official name and you can’t even find it in the official list of phobias. However, the kind of phobia that this term is used to refer to is as real and as natural as it gets. That should explain why...
- How Depression Affects Men and Women
How Common Is Depression in Men?Although it has been found that women experience depression two times more than men, this fact can't deny that men are as vulnerable to this mental disorder as women. According to research, over 6 million men in the U.S. suffer from clinical depression every year. The...
- Meditate to Concentrate: The Science Behind Meditation
The science behind meditationPeople who meditate use their brain in such a way that it helps them avoid distraction and concentrate on the their task, says a new study. People who meditate regularly have less activity in that part of the brain associated with distractions and day dreaming....
- Dr. John M. Deeney MD2386 Nw Hoyt St. Portland OR 97210
- Dr. George Frederick Drinka M.D.2250 Northwest Flanders Portland Oregon 97210
- Lewis A. Van Osdel11602 Southwest Breyman Avenue Portland Oregon 97219
- Dr. Robert Harlan Bridenbaugh M.D.9111 Ne Sunderland Rd Portland OR 97211
- Dr. Shirley Roffe M.D.1015 NW 22ND AVE PORTLAND OR 97210
- Dr. Scott M Murray MD2330 Nw Flanders St Portland OR 97210